• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Svaldrik Iornthunder

Svaldrik Iornthunder

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

Hey everybody. I have wanted to make and play a thunderbarge since I got the 8th ed rule book with rules for one in it. I officially decided that it would be my next project thanks to inspiration from Dourin and his post: http://www.bugmansbr...__fromsearch__1. I did notice however that in the rulebook they did neglect to list a point value for this cool contraption. I looked the rules over and while the barge has the capability to deal massive damage it only has a toughness 6 and six plus save, is a large target, and can deal wounds to itself. This leaves its survivability in question. My original thought for a fair point value was 500 pts. I don't know if it is truly a fair cost however and would like everyone's input.

All ideas are welcomed and thank you for reading.

#2 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

500pts might be fair seeing as it can't be attacked by ground based troops as well. Though from what I can remember in that scenario it states your army size plus the barge..Though I could be wrong as my opponents never really liked the idea of a air ship with 5 organ guns on it, esp when I though about them being on the bottom able to swivel so they'd all have 360 LOS.

#3 kgkid

kgkid

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

5 Organ guns amount to 600 points. Ok, fewer wounds, but protected from HtH ground attacks, fly...

I believe they excluded the points intentionally, to show that you could make your units for story reasons only, and that it could work for real friendly games. It also isn't described as "Rare choice", I believe from the same reason.

If you need to put the price-tag I'd go for at least 750 - 1k, but I'd try not to...

#4 Dogpa56

Dogpa56

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

I will be using one in the Champaign I am in, it is costing me 1000 pts

#5 ThaneWill

ThaneWill

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

When i used it we agreed on 600 points. full rare. (in 2400)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thunderbarge, war machine, 8th ed, rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users