#1 Shuyin7432

Shuyin7432

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Good evening fellow grumblers,

Forgive me in advance in case i'm being a noob but can you;

Use a Master Engineer to Entrench Thorek Ironbrows Anvil of Doom. Thereby providing them with hardcover -2 to hit, and 6+ to hit in CC bonuses, which with his 1+sv, extra helper (who also helps if their is a misfire) and 4+ ward saves helps to improve its survivability by lots?

Many thanks,

Richard

#2 Tah Kazak Rik

Tah Kazak Rik

Scion of Grimnir

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:51 PM

Yes you can use the Master Engineer's entrench ability to Entrench either "vanilla" Anvil of Doom or Thorek's anvil of Doom.

#3 Solegga

Solegga

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

That's the reason ETC rules don't allow special or named characters... :drinks: welcom' ya!

#4 Shuyin7432

Shuyin7432

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

ETC?

#5 novemberrain

novemberrain

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

European Team Championship.

A tournament that uses a certain set of restrictions for army lists.

#6 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:42 AM

That's the reason ETC rules don't allow special or named characters... :drinks: welcom' ya!

You could do the same with a normal runelord and anvil.

Why would it provide the 6+ to hit in CC though? Unless I'm mistake (possible due to recent lack of sleep past few nights) Defended obsticle just makes the opponent lose any charge bonuses when attacking.

#7 David L

David L

White Dwarf

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

To my knowledge, it is not well defined what the close combat impact of entrenchment is in 8th. I don't believe the wording in the Dwarf army book matches with any terrain type in the main rulebook anymore. But that is fairly minor, and almost anyone will take the entrenchment as -1 to hit when charging it since most obstacles work that way.

More importantly, you basic question on does it help, is definitely answered NO. You are going to lose the Anvil to nuke spells that insta-kill it (ex Pit of Shades), or you are going to lose it in close combat where the entrenchment does nothing of consequence. You protect the Anvil by keeping enemies away from it with the rest of your army.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anvil, Special Charcters, Master Engineer, Entrenchment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users