546 replies to this topic

#541 Thorgrimtheunyielding

Thorgrimtheunyielding

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

I already have a Priest of Grimnir (Ungrim) leading my slayers, but ancestor spirits led by a Priest of Gazul? Awesome idea. One I may have to "borrow" from you.

#542 Darkblade

Darkblade

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:11 PM

:respect:   :thumbsup:   

That is all

:cheers:

#543 Theatralic

Theatralic

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

JBYkipJ.jpg

Thanks my Friends, just Thanks, I am running out of ways to tell how much I appreciate your kind words  :thumbup:

@Dal , I agree about bringing some color into the Skin but  i am alwlays fearful of overdoing it or messing up the Skin.

Just a short Picture from my Painting Table and whats on my To Do List, I got Lazy and grapped up that citadel Leadbelcher Spray to Bascoat Ironbreakers and Warmachines, not entirely convinced but it does speed up Things:

DCDayQN.jpg

#544 Reka Dvegrsson

Reka Dvegrsson

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

I LOVE THE ANCESTOR GHOSTS IDEA. I had thought about doing something similar as a proxy for gyros, maybe 3 guys on a 40*40mm base.

Your warrior units really are an inspiration, two cracking groups of dwarfs :D

Also, really looking forward to seeing your ironbreakers completed, I love those sculpts.

#545 Theatralic

Theatralic

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

Thanks a bunch Reka :thumbup: , I am fond of that Idea as well. allready picked up a suiting Gazul Priest

rmVj32I.jpg?1

Sadly I can`t tell you where that Miniature comes from, a mate of mine picked it up on a con and I had it for Ages.

Its certainly sculpted by Werner Klocke, his style is unmistakable but its neither Reaper nor Freeboter Miniatures.

Edited by Theatralic, 19 April 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#546 Theatralic

Theatralic

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

JBYkipJ.jpg

I have blocked the Basecolors on the Warmachines in and picked some suiting Crew, loving the ones for the Mortar biggrin.png

ZgPdEWK.jpg?1

On the Mortar I really have to say that I am proud how the Scratch Build has turned out. I did rush Things in the end and because of that the ignition mechanism isn`t centered and I should have smoothened the Finecast surfaces with Liquid Green Stuff...but i hope it won`t be too noticable on the Battlefield. 

1xAhknN.jpg?1

All in all I can`t wait till those are finished, I don`t enjoy painting Warmachines...the Spray did help in that regard as it realy made the Basecoating Part faster.

#547 Skull Krusher

Skull Krusher

Skazastoki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

Here is my ancestor ghost battalion....  Painted just after the LOTR (3rd film) came out, I have a priest of Gazul as well but it is not in this group shot...  

http://www.bugmansbr...ne-and-steel-2/

Then there is my mortar/grudge thrower

http://www.bugmansbr...udge-thrower-1/

I really enjoy looking at your well painted army... much better than mine... deep sigh...

have a tankard or two on my tab.

Edited by Skull Krusher, 20 April 2015 - 08:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: defeating the slacker in me, oop, vintage, dwarf, army, blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users