Photo

Are There Any Dwarf Gamers In West Wales.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 garetvarr

garetvarr

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

I was wondering if there are any Dwarf or other races (there are other races) west of the Lougher ? Which are truely then in west Wales.
I see theres a group in Swansea, technically thats more west Glamorgan but it would be interesting to know, thank you.

#2 Crompton

Crompton

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

Well Ok Okri is the man to ask really. Yet I know there is a group in Cardiff called Border Princes. Which isn't the right area either but they might be able to pass you in the right direction?

#3 Ok Okri

Ok Okri

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

Well, there's a GW in Carmarthen, and a gaming groups in Cardigan and Haverfordwest. There was a club at Lampeter uni, but I think that may have been shut down last year. I don't know what the fantasy take up is like, but I'll ask my group tomorrow if anyone knows of anymore down your way.

#4 garetvarr

garetvarr

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

Cheers,

Yes I know about the GW store in Carmarthen and have yet to venture in on games night.

Being a grumbling greyhaired longbeard I,m a tad wary of the snotlings I might find (mind handy the new rules book is such a weighty tome, handy for crushing snotlings with teehee hee),and having to step outside for a toke on the old pipeweed.

Also having finally painted all the throng the thought of cutting it down to 1500 points to play on their 4X4 foot gaming table is a bit daunting so much choice what to pick, I want to use the lot. I think I should bite the bullet and go see. I already have my own 7X4 foot gamming table on to which I can easily fit the throng.

I do have some mates who I do historical wargamming with and to whome i will be hosting our next meet and introducing them to WFB, mind can,t decide on doing the straight forwardish
battle with the 2 armies of 3900 pv I,ve had to knock up or try the Battle of East Gate that appears in the last Dwarf army book,especially as i,ve been working on the scenery for it recently. Actually finished the throng quite awhile ago but had to paint up the Orks & Goblins opposition,have to supply the enemy aswell !! So had to finish off my girlfriends army considering it is at 3900 pv and all she had managed was a snotling pumpwagon I,m just a little sick of the sight of goblin green paint ! But its done now and so i can go back to my beloved dwarfs.

Got some older figures given me which are still awaitng their brand new redcoats and working on the idea of a sapper unit.

Once again cheers.

Edited by garetvarr, 16 February 2011 - 12:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users