5 replies to this topic

#1 Crompton

Crompton

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

So, I am going to a tournament in April, one of the biggies round here as it will be about 160 people. I'm trying to get my list ready nowish so I can run some practise games and see how it goes. All games will be battleline and army restrictions are as follows.

* A total of 12 dice may be used in the magic phase by any one player, this includes all dice generated from any
source. Any additional dice are lost and cannot be used. Dark Elves may only use a max of 7 dice to cast a spell.
This overrides the rule in their book.
* Non warmachine shooting is limited to 90 shots per turn - count the number of shots, not models. So for example
Dark Elf Warriors with repeater crossbows count as 2 shots.
* An army may not include more than 2 warmachines of the same type.
* No single non character unit in the army may be over 400 points, including command, magic items etc.
* The following rare choices are 0 – 6 models per army: Cairn Wraiths and Flamers.
* Salamanders 0 – 3 models per army.
* Repeater Bolt Throwers are 0 – 2 unit selection per army.
* The following rare choices are 0 – 1 unit selections per army: Hydras, Steam Tanks, Hell Cannons, Hell Pit
Abominations, Ancient Stegadons (Engine of the Gods counts as “Ancient Stegadon”), Warp Lighting Cannons.
* Maximum of three units per army with the “fly” rule.
* The magic items “Power Scroll” and “Fozzrik’s Folding Fortress” may not be taken.
* No special or Named characters may be taken (including unit upgrades).

So, my list:

Runelord, General, Shield, Mro Balance, Ro Spellbreaking, Ro Stone, Ro Resistance, Ro Preservation – 263

Thane, BSB, Mro Gromril, Ro Resistance, Ro Preservation – 165

ME, Ro Stone, GW – 79

34 Warriors, GW, Rangers, FC – 399

37 Warriors, GW, FC – 395

30 Hammerers, FC – 390

Cannon, Engineer, Ro Forging, Ro Burning – 145

GT, Engineer, Ro Accuracy, Ro Penetration*2 – 170

GT, Engineer, Ro Accuracy, Ro Penetration, Ro Burning – 150

Organ Gun – 120

Organ Gun – 120

Total – 2398

Lords 263(11%), Heroes 244(10.2%), Core – 796(33.2%), Special 855(35.6%), Rare 240(10%)

Due to the 400 point unit limit I have had to make my rangers warriors instead of LBs, as I'm not sure I really want a unit of only 26. I have also dropped the MRo Grungni which will probably mean I'll end up playing a lot of shooting armies, but yet again I felt 26 Hammerers was just too small a unit.

#2 David L

David L

White Dwarf

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:57 PM

That looks good to me. Nothing stands out that I would change.

#3 Griegsson

Griegsson

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

If you do want Grungni, the thing I'd drop would be the second Organ gun, but that leaves you with 70 points and nothing else obvious (BT?, DS? - not optimal).

Hard-looking list.

#4 Andrik

Andrik

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

I would agree with the others not much to change really. If you do come up against a shooty army. You can/should be able to out shoot him and take his guns before they do too much damage.

Which tourny you going too?

#5 Crompton

Crompton

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

Its South Coast GT, I know Godolphin will be there representing Dwarfs. I also met 1 Dwarf player in Reading the other weekend who is def going as well. So will be a min of 3 Dwarfs in the ranks, heh.

Griegsson, the problem with MRo Grungni is the 400 pt cap to a unit. This means my Hammerers would have to be 26 in size to accomodate it. So currently I am leaning towards not having it.

Edited by Crompton, 04 February 2011 - 05:31 PM.

#6 DLW

DLW

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

I wouldn't worry about the ward banner. I can't seem to pass any kind of save anyways so I use the points on other stuff.

Your BSB is 10pts more than his actual equipment. If your points for the whole army are correct then he can take RotFurnace, RoFire and still be 165pts.

This list looks hard as nails, and with the above restrictions you should do very well. Good luck, and make us proud!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users