239 replies to this topic

#141 Lord Ravenhelm

Lord Ravenhelm

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Apart from sharing a name and surname, we also collect the same army! :)
Cheers to that! :drinks:

Lord Ravenhelm

#142 popevaderii

popevaderii

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi

Realised that after about a year at the brewery I've been awfully rude and not introduced myself!

Anyhow I'm Michael... I'm a dwarfaholic... am also a rock climber and pole dancer as well which goes to show you shouldn't typecast us as geeks :P

Posted Image

#143 Drachenklinge

Drachenklinge

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

My fellow Dwarves!

I'm new in here, though not new to dwarven history. I've heard rumours about this place and finally made the journey to find them true.

In the old days, I was asked to join a RPG, which I did. By accident (or shall I say ... destiny?) a dwarf was needed to complete the group (mind that: "complete"!) ... and that was it. Here I am playing dwarves for more than a decade, which is actually not much to real dwarves, but all the more so in this ever accelerating world.

First I started with one (then two ... later three) dwarves to represent my RPG character ... and now I have an ever increasing number of dwarves from various distributors, sculptors and tabletop-systems (including rule-sets and fluff). To prove how deeply I dug into all this I admit liking even these old Chronopia dwarves ... see? ... nuff said.
I have seen young beardlings come and go and great heros die on long forgotten battlefields. I have seen unspeakable horrors done to some miniatures and unimaginable beautiful paintjobs to others!
As for myself, I like to paint more then to play, but both depends on time as well as on opportunity.

Actually I would be hard pressed to choose between (older) GW dwarves or the Confrontational ones from Rackham as a favorite. Both have their congeniality - GW is somehow classical, an everlasting old beauty, where the Tir-Na-Bor from Confro are somewhat more lively and also more brutal and cunning, like I always wanted the GWs to be. However ... I am free to play both ... because I like dwarves, not specific systems.

What am I in the real world? Biologist, software-tester and some sort of teacher ... among other things. While only a few months old, I have seen men's first landing on the Moon - life! in 1969 - and with good luck I will see men's first landing on Mars before the end (which does not mean, that I de facto will want to go after actually seeing it ... that is to say just in case it will happen sooner than expected - with these humans You never know, eh?).

so ... I guess I will have fun in here ... and maybe some good beer and cheer! Not to mention Gold, if it is to be found, which I also guess that it will happen, 'cause I already looked into the gallery!

A last good advice coming out of my decade of experience with dwarven miniatures:
Whatever others might tell You : There are never enough dwarves in Your army! Actually there will never be enough dwarves at all!

best wishes from Southern Germany!
Drachenklinge

#144 Theatralic

Theatralic

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

YES, Its Drachenklinge, happy that you finally made it over here, not as good as seeing you in Person but still a good sight.

:drinks: Now we can get this party started :drinks:

#145 Blue in VT

Blue in VT

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:47 AM

Cheers mate!! Great to see you at the brewery!

Have one on my tab...:)

Cheers,

Blue

#146 Lord Kael

Lord Kael

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Posted Image

Hello all! I am Kyle and am an avid fan of Dwarfs!

Many years ago, I built quite an army of Warhammer Dwarfs for my hold, starting the hobby purely as a painter and fan of Dwarfs and their fluff. They are so much more "real" than those pastey elves, creative than men, and wiser than halflings. That being said, I got some of my friends in on Warhammer, and they got me into the battling aspect of the hobby. However, I am not the best tactician and after repeated failures in battles with my dwarfs, I finally signed off and left the hobby for many years. That and I had a lot to do during this period in my life.

Things finally have slowed down for me this summer and I realized I had an excess of time and nothing to do when a new friend mentioned modeling as a hobby. He did not mean Warhammer ... but that is what I thought of and so I am back in gear with new models to paint. After much thought of which army I should paint, I again settleld on my beloved dwarfs. I truly don't like the color scheme to my previous army (Who combines goblin green with purple?) and so am in the process of painting a new army.

In real life I am a Reading Teacher, and help fifth- and sixth-grade students who are having difficulties with reading. Teaching has been an intense, exhausting, but rewarding career path and I enjoy my summers off! Personally, I would prefer year-round school so the profession is not quite as intense, cramming everything into seven and a half months straight.

I am not much of a traveler, but I have been to Germany after four years of German in high school, and I loved the country and Europe in general. Those of you who live there are very fortunate.

I enjoy boardgaming, writing poetry, blacksmithing (though I haven't done it in a while) and horseback riding. Anything that aligns itself with the past is probably going to interest me in some capacity!

I am married to a wonderful women who is the love of my life, stubborn as a dwarf though she may be. And we have happily been married fouryears.

Well that is a little bit about me! I want to thank you all for answering my endless questions and welcoming me into this community!

Cheers,
Kyle

Edited by Lord Kael, 06 July 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#147 Thane Choate

Thane Choate

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hello Y'all
My real name is Kevin Brown and I like everything dwarves... (or in this case Dwarfs) I have written several (unpublished) stories about dwarves, and have been writing a Series since i was elven. the thing i look forward to most in the world right now is The New The Hobbit Movie. I am 27. and i currently live in an extremely small town equidistance from San Antonio and Austin Texas.
This is Me
Posted Image
I am giving a anniversary tour at the brewery I Work as a Lead Brewer at. Thats right i am not just a dwarf fan, Im a Brewer. Like bacon and anything its a match to beheld.

I bought my first Warhammer dwarf in 2003 (and forsook the 40k i bought in 1999) but didn't play my first fantasy battle until around 2005 but that was short lived as i then collected and played off and on as i lost contact with the people who were teaching me. don't worry i have learned, and taught my wife. I have a 4k dwarf army and a 1.5k ogre she has a 2-3k Wood Elf and a 500 pt Bretonnian. I am debating starting a small Orc and Goblin Army (i have nothing evil). beyond that I played Magic the Gathering from 1994 to 1999 (when i decided the bad expansions and worse policies were only getting worse. and never better) and I am a D&D addict. (anything but 4th edition please) its not all indoors, I love backpacking camping hiking hunting fishing hiking and bike riding.

Edited by Thane Choate, 17 July 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#148 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts
Contributor

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

All you needed to say was your were a Brewer, and that would have been intro enough! ;) Welcome to the Brewery!

#149 Karrak Rockhammer

Karrak Rockhammer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

Hi my name is sean ecklebarger. I live in the states in the northern part of indiana. Im extremely green when it comes to this game and its rules (just getting to my inch mark on beard length lol ) but love the story for the game. I used to play 40k as imp guard. soory for not having a pic still tryin to figure out this darn laptop. Also have a 2 year old and another on the way. oh and i be 21 soon.

#150 Adadrian

Adadrian

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:53 AM

vt400adrian

adrianbutchersmall

hi im adrian, i play the dwarfs, mainly because i love them and they suit me great...their life style that is. stubborn hold grudges, love a wiskey! and to enjoy life!

im a butcher by trade, and work very long hours!

im 28 and i do love all things warhammer really

adrian

#151 cirrus

cirrus

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

Because everyone has been so nice and introduced themselves, I will not stay behind.

I am Cirrus. I have adopted this name almost in my real life as well. I'm Wiccan. I had a ritual where that name was officially given to me, by my own choosing. I have been using that name since I was 16.

I'm 25 now (born in 1987). I loved the dwarfs after watching Gimli in Lord of the rings. I just love dwarves. I'm Belgian, so I share a few things with a common dwarf: Beer! Although I can't drink it, because alcohol and extra-intelligence don't mix that well. I'm sensitive to alcohol and caffeïne.

I started collecting dwarves after being bitten by the hobby, after a friend let me paint a few miniatures of his spare space marine army.

I wanted to play fantasy. I love the close-up encounters, not the sissy shooting from afar without eventually clashing. Dwarfs clash and they clash well with other races.

I'm an avid reader. I can read as much as 7 books simultaniously (when I get bored of one book, I take another. When I take the book where I left off, I remember instantanious what happened in the story).

I have a very good memory, that's something dwarven like. I remember grudges still after 20 years.

I'm not going to post a picture of myself, because of my beloved privacy.

I'm engaged, so sorry female dwarves, but this dwarf is already spoken for.

My favourite Gimli quote is: "The dwarves are gone swimming with little hairy women".

#152 Babel Goldweaver

Babel Goldweaver

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

Well I guess its my turn then.

My name is Tommy Grefve, I live in northern Sweden. I'm 23 years old and I just got married a wonderful woman.

Me on my wedding day
Posted Image

I've studied art for the last 6 years(!) but found that field a bit unrewarding, (didn't make any money). So I decided to reeducate myself, and now I'm studying to become a Production Engineer. It's really fun and interesting :)

Now to my warhammer-history:
I've been playing warhammer since... ever. My first real army was Dwarfs.. still going with the same army now, only expanded a bit. I've tried playing Chaos and Lizardmen, but i always got back to the short ones!
I did get tired of the game thou... didn't really like the seventh edition. So I took up 40k, and tried almost everything there.. SM, Deamonhunters, Eldar, Tyranids, Chaos, SM again and so on.. until I figured out that 40k sucks the big one! And now, since 2years I'm back at Fantasy.. and the Dwarfs ofc.

I like converting and scratch-building stuff to warhammer.. painting is fun too but I'm not as good as I would like :)

I find history and religion really interesting. I did renounce my Christian-"belief" 5 years ago and turned to a kind of Alchemy called Neo-Alchemy, and then I lived happily ever after!

My other interests is; knowledge (wonna know every thing!), Art (ofc), Wood Sculpting/Carving (my art-form), computer games (WoW, WoT..), Technology (have 3 computers, Xbox 360, Wii and so on), Movies (like all kinds of movies, form Singing in the rain to 300) and ofc Music (Techno, Electrical-Metal, Death Metal, Industrial, Screamo and alike)

Oops.. gonna run.. late for work!

Edited by Babel Goldweaver, 15 August 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#153 Hosvard

Hosvard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image
Hello;
My name is Osvaldo, I'm from Puerto Rico, i've been reading this forum for a long time, so decided it was time to create an account. I've been playing warhammer fantasy for around 6 yrs and a have 3 armies(Dwarfs, Warriors of Chaos and Skaven), but of couse Dwarfs is my main army. In Puerto Rico the gaming community isn't that big but we manage to play every now and then, we also play 40k but WF is my favorite. I get to travel lot with my wife so hope one day i coud visit the real Bugman Brewery in Nottingham :)

Cheers

Edited by hosvard, 27 September 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#154 Balindir Icebeard

Balindir Icebeard

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Dario, and I'm from Italy. I'm 24 years old and I am an university student (I do study foreign languages and literatures at the university of Catania). I don't play Warhammer since quite a lot, but recently my passion had a backfire, so I decided to have an insight of the 8th edition. As I have seen dwarves' armybook is still the 6th edition one, but fortunately the new rules privilege infantry eheheh. I am already working on an army list; once I complete it I will publish it in the apposite space ;)

I must say I was undecided between Dwarves and High elves. I have played them both in the past, and once I read the new rules about magic I was almost sure to choose elves. But today I have accidentally found a file in my pc, containing the background of my old Dwarves' army. After I've read it I found out that I could not betray my old bearded friends =) I believe that I will also publish that story (even if I have got to translate if from italian first xD). I'm sure you will like it =)

Well, I believe that's all for now. See you in the brewery, I hope that we may enjoy our time past together^^
Here is a photograph portraiting me:

Posted Image

#155 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

=Win

#156 Craze_b0i

Craze_b0i

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Me on recent trip to Karak Eight Peaks...

Posted Image

#157 Kargraz

Kargraz

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

About time I posted here...

This is me:
Posted Image

I've been collecting dwarfs for the past 15 years, and love every aspect about them.
My dwarf army had an accident about 5 years ago, 80% of it was destroyed when I was moving and the boxes with my warhammers in them fell off the truck.
Sold my citadel/marauder dwarfs and gave up on warhammer, one of the biggest mistakes I've done to date...

Been getting back into warhammer after finding out one of my colleagues also collects and plays warhammer.
8th edition so far feels like cheating, no more guesswork, dwarfs (almost) never flee, hit damn hard and have staying power...

#158 Hitmonkey

Hitmonkey

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hi, guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Johan and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. I look like this:

Posted Image

When I was eleven (14 years ago, I´m 25 today) an old friend and classmate of mine came home from a trip to the states with some space marine figs. Inevitably I followed suit and went to the local hobby store where I got my mom to buy me some of my own. I progressed to dwarfs after a year or two and up til the age of about fifteen or sixteen I painted a 4000pt dwarf army (and many other stuff, I dabbled in Orcs and goblins, and a decent sized fully painted dark elves army). The space marines were more or less forgotten by then. However by this time I got into Dungeons and Dragons which more or less made me put the dwarf army aside for eight or nine years or so. In august this year I found the old stuff on my parent´s attic which spawned a renewed interest. Well, and here we are now.

I´ve studied film and art before but now I´m studying to become an architect, I´m in my third year. Big interests are comics, film, sci fi, drawing and painting and heavy metal. I divide my time between school, hanging out with Ebba, my girlfriend, and friends, playing in a band and (the ever-increasing part) painting miniatures.

Ok, that´s me, more or less.

Cheers, this is a great initiative. :)

#159 Alebelly_Cragfist

Alebelly_Cragfist

Dwarf Of Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts
Contributor

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

A real Norse invader! Kudos on the chin growth, /jealous. I look more like a Dark Eldar with my shaven/bald head and pasty skin, lol!

#160 Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Kro'undi

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

A real Norse invader! Kudos on the chin growth, /jealous. I look more like a Dark Eldar with my shaven/bald head and pasty skin, lol!

Don't worry Alebelly, look at my pic on the first page, I could be mistaken for an elf if it wasn't for the beard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users