15 replies to this topic

#1 Hyarion

Hyarion

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

As the sound of the guard's footsteps dwindle down the hallway, the heaviness of the stone walls begins to seem to press in around you. The cells have obviously seen frequent use each one bearing a few partially rusted iron rings in the walls for manacles, some straw, and a bucket of malodorous purpose.

The prison itself is a very basic in appearance with 3 cells on each side, the front of which is iron bars set a hands width apart and a full forearm's span of stone between the cells. Torches are placed in a ring between each of the cells with another one on the far wall at the end of the cellblock. Together, they proved enough light to the front half of the cells, leaving objects in the rear half of the cells outlined but covered in shadows. Gurni and Maeglin are in the furthest cell on the south side; Allaen, Julen, Orderic, and Anna are in the middle cell on the north side. A man sized shape can be seen on the floor in the middle cell on the south side.

Game on.

#2 Avaris

Avaris

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

It was only as the footsteps of the guards faded away down the corridor that Orderic fully realised what was happening. The pomp and cremony of the ball had clouded his senses but now the stark contrast of their new surroundings, especially considering his evening wear, brought him back to attention.

And he was furious.

"That insufferable oaf!" he shouted, his words slipping between Breton and Reikspiel mid-sentence, "we present a problem and he finds the flimsiest of reasons to remove us from the picture! Coward! Cur! My sword would taste his flesh, had it not been stolen from me!."

As he looked around the cell he noticed the orange glow through the windows.

"The city burns? The city burns! Fools and savages! I fought for this city and now they tear it down while we linger here? Madness!"

OOC: Good to be back. For reference, italic text is in Breton, while bold is reikspiel

#3 paraicj

paraicj

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:16 PM

Julen was pacing the front of the cell like a panther, unhappy with confinement. Without his sword to grip, his hands opened and closed reflexively. Muttering an oath, he turned to the others. "We cannot stay here. We will not be questioned until it is too late. We must find a way out. Immediately."

#4 Orcslicer

Orcslicer

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Maeglin, staring wistfully through the narrow slits that passed for windows, turned to look across the gloom. His unseeing eyes easily making out the forms of life in the other cell where Julen and the others had been placed.

"In the forests, the tree spirits can come to the heed of those in great need. This is the great folly of men, building from stone and iron," he said, almost dreamily.

Edited by Orcslicer, 16 December 2010 - 03:18 PM.

#5 Eldacar

Eldacar

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

Allaen said nothing, preferring to examine the door in order to see just how strong it was... and how much punishment it could take before breaking apart. There were also his theories that might get him out, but he was only one elf.

Edited by Eldacar, 17 December 2010 - 11:32 AM.

#6 Ashnari Doomsong

Ashnari Doomsong

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

Gurni grumbled. Betrayed! He paced the cell, checking each and every bar for impurities, poor fastening, anything that could be exploited to break out. Humans had made this; there had to be a weakness somewhere.

#7 Hyarion

Hyarion

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:59 AM

Down the hall you can begin to hear the echos of 2 drunken voices singing in not-quite unison.

I've been roaming five and twenty,
I've seen Halfling kings and shanties
I've known handsome knights aplenty who've yet to kill an elf!
Yes, I've roamed the whole world over,
seen men both drunk and sober
but I've never seen a man can
drink as much as my own self!

--

Anna sat crouched in the wall of the cell with her head cupped in her hands, "Julen, do you think the rumors about the pox in the Graf's dungeons are true?"

Eldy and Ash, the doors look to be fairly solidly constructed. One of the nails holding the bucket together might prove useful for prying at the lock or the bars, but the slit windows are far too high and thin to be of much use.

#8 Orcslicer

Orcslicer

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
Contributor

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:10 AM

Maeglin left the engineering inspection to Allaen and Gurni; their combined intellect and pomposity would be enough to find a solution in the framework, if one exisited. Instead, the elf turned his blind-honed hearing to the two approaching voices, his suspicion aroused. Odd that a couple of drunks had somehow avoided the guards and accidentally wandered down here...

Edited by Orcslicer, 22 December 2010 - 11:10 AM.

#9 Eldacar

Eldacar

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

"Well, dwarf?" Allaen asked. "I am not one to lose myself in the mechanics of unlocking this door, but simply destroying it might bring unwanted attention." Frowning, he closed his eyes and concentrated, attempting to seek out the location of his staff.

OOC: Using the second ability of his staff to check its current location. Hyar, did Orcy send you the stats of the item? I'm also presuming that it was confiscated before his being thrown in here.

#10 Ashnari Doomsong

Ashnari Doomsong

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

Gurni cursed softly.
"The bars are solid. We will have to chip them loose or pick the lock - and I, at least, have no experience with such things. We could try using a spike, or if anyone's smuggled in something a little more flexible we could try that. I would try picking it first, but I'm not sure I can do it. Unless, of course, the humans are worse at making locks than cages."
Finding something, anything suitable, Gurni set to work on the lock, to see if he could figure out how to make it click.
He wasn't expecting much.

#11 Eldacar

Eldacar

Loremaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:09 AM

"Not being a human, or having much experience being locked in a cage, I wouldn't have any idea how good they are at it," Allaen replied.

#12 Hyarion

Hyarion

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:23 AM

[I]Ooc: Eldy, no he did not. I'll get the details from him later today.[i]

Ash, one int test and one ag test, please.

#13 Hyarion

Hyarion

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:13 AM

Eldy, the staff is about 50 feet behind and to the left of the cell.

#14 paraicj

paraicj

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

"Senorita, I am sure the rumours of pox are merely hearsay. However, I fear the stories of their sturdiness may not be exaggerated."

He sighed, and hunkered down beside the downcast girl.

"We have been in more difficult situations than this and come through with ease. I do not think this time will be different."

#15 Orcslicer

Orcslicer

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts
Contributor

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

"Skalf was of the belief that our destinies were greater than languishing in some cell," added Maeglin, in half response, though he continued to listen to the approaching voices. He wondered what had become of the priest. "There is a saying amongst my people... 'it is wise not to bet against those who can divinate the future'."

"Of course, it is a bit more catchy in Eltharin," he added, ruefully.

#16 Ashnari Doomsong

Ashnari Doomsong

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

Gurni frowned as he was working. There was some sense to be made here, but he wasn't certain if he could quite grasp it...

For the Agility roll, I got a 58. For the Int roll, I got a 98, then fortune pointed it to 28. Got a lot of eights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users