2 replies to this topic

#1 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

I'm busy creating a website which lists every Rackham figure they've made before they stopped making metal figs. Theres a few websites around but none list every model and none are really easy and quick to use so its time there was a complete and simple one. I've just finished the Dwarfs so it may be of interest to some people here. I will be redoing most of the photos as I've got a cd coming with all the original pictures on, but for now its still handy.

CD will be here next week I assume so will carry on listing then but may get the thumbnails done in the meantime for the other factions. We'll see.

If theres particular factions that anyone wants done quickly then let me know and I'll put them top of the list.

http://rackhamminiatures.yolasite.com/

Edited by Perv, 05 May 2010 - 05:06 PM.

#2 Grabgold Thunderbeard

Grabgold Thunderbeard

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:58 AM

Hey Perv thanks for the site I've had fun looking through it!:biggrin:
Recently I've been looking through the gallery here of all the GW minis that you put up, and I was wondering if you were planning to keep putting up the rest?
You certainly have a very impressive collection! I'm rather jealous I must say!

#3 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:30 AM

Yeah I'll have it completed one day mate but ts so time consuming. I had no idea it would take me as long as it did to do the ones already there. Next step is to quality control whats there and replace any pictures that arent great, then moving onto new sections.

I got a bit annoyed with it as a few people agreed to help do it but none of them took pics :( Its a task and a half for one person !!! Having to sort out the figs, photograph front and back, crop, resize, name correctly then upload each picture individually as the multiple upload option puts the pictures in a useless order is VERY time consuming. I need motivation and I lose it all as soon as I look at the size of the job :(

The Rackham one should be fairly quick as the pics are already done, just a case of arranging them all correctly really.

One day I'll have a place for my collection to be displayed but at the moment its boxed up and not giving any joy. Thats one thing I love about Rackham, instead of painting the figs, you can leave them in the pack and just look at the pic of a painted version on the back of the pack :) I'll photograph my Rackham collection soon, 5 more orders still to arrive and I will be placing another for some rare stuff in the next week so plenty more to come :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users