37 replies to this topic

#1 Dirken Thorn

Dirken Thorn

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

Gimbrin Finehelm - Just watchin the ebay page on this guy, he's up over 260 pounds, maybe Perv can aswer this, is this guy amazingly rare or something? Says its from the Lichmaster scenario.

#2 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

Him, Ozrim Chardz and Jorj the extra fig that went with Bugmans Unit are the 3 rarest Dwarfs, that were released anyway. There are a few rarer ones but they're unreleased or unknown as no one owns a copy. The Gorin Baldor figure is slightly less rare but probably the 4th rarest.

Vintagephreak managed to get quite a few Gimbrins in one go from Ebay. Maybe had 5 or 7 Gimbrins in the auction so when I posted whos got the best deal on Ebay you can see how good his deal was, think he paid less than £100 for the whole lot :)

I paid £18 for my Gimbrin a few years back from a CCM member but the last one I saw on Ebay reached about $400 I think so it seems Gimbrin is worth around that much. I think that may have been one of Vintagephreaks that he sold. I'd value him at around £70 but if the next few on there go for over £200 then I'm wrong and he is worth what hes selling for.

Wait til Ozrim Chardz goes for sale on there, we could se him reach £400+ I reckon :)

Edited by Perv, 10 March 2010 - 02:03 PM.

#3 ross muldoon

ross muldoon

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

these few rare dwarf models you speak about have you any pictures of them?so i know what they look like cheers :guinesssmilie:

muldoon

#4 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:09 PM

Gimbrin

Posted Image

Ozrim

Posted Image

Jorj

Posted Image

Gorin

Posted Image

Unknown Wizard from a WD issue. No one is known to own this figure.

Posted Image

Unreleased Standard Bearer, 1 copy known to exist.

Posted Image

Unreleased Brian Nelson Dwarf, I think just 1 copy known to exist but could be wrong.

Posted Image

Best of luck finding them :)

Whoops, forgot this one. Patch eye drummer.

Posted Image

Hes as rare as Ozrim and Gimbrin I think but its so hard to tell with the pictures on Ebay. A detail this small needs a very good picture to be sure.

Edited by Perv, 10 March 2010 - 03:17 PM.

#5 Dirken Thorn

Dirken Thorn

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

Theres the dwarf on the pony too, he seems to go for lots of treasure.

#6 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

used to be £100-150 for him but no idea what he'd fetch now. Theres quite a few models around though so its not a particularly rare unreleased piece. Flasher is quite common as well for an unreleased fig.

#7 ross muldoon

ross muldoon

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

great pictures thanks for posting them up :drinks: jorj is my favourite model & gimbrin almost looks chaos dwarf?, If they did a regient of nelson dwarfs would be amazing!

#8 kgkid

kgkid

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Grungni be praised for our Perv! ;)

These are great! Nelson dwarf models are stunning indeed.

Never getting some of them on the market in larger numbers is probably another evidence of pure busyness genius behind GW!

Edited by kgkid, 11 March 2010 - 07:17 PM.

#9 Ingway Ironfist

Ingway Ironfist

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

Great pictures perv i throught i knew my dwarves but then there was you!!!

#10 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

I'm biding on Jorj on Ebay at the moment, the copy that just sold was pretty poor and looked to be rotting so skipped that one. I've bid £75 as I'm busy all weekend and I cant bid last second which I prefer doing. Please no one outbid me as if I get this one it just leaves 4 more to get.........

I think the Brian Nelson Dwarf was a test sculpt to see if he could do the style GW were after, a few of the unreleased models are actually test sculpts done by prospective sculpters. I bid £175 for it when it was sold on the ccm site, not sure what it went for in the end.

I've never seen Gimbrin painted up and a paintjob can make a figure look chaosy or good so he could go either way ross. Theres debate whether the Black Dwarf is a chaos or good Dwarf

Posted Image

This figure was released in the 80's when GW were doing character figures, you had the Robin Hood Dwarf and they modelled some on employees etc. I've seen this painted up as a chaos model and a as a good model and it looks great in either. This was released way before White Dwarf 200 that featured a black dwarf by the way and has no relevance to it as a sorceror model was used in that article.

Hes quite rare.

Stunties knows all Dwarfs, from every manufacturer. I know all citadel models off by heart but my knowledge is nothing compared to his...........one day........ :)

Edited by Perv, 12 March 2010 - 12:37 AM.

#11 Tungdil Goldhand

Tungdil Goldhand

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:07 AM

Great summary, Perv. Now I have a place to look up what's rare and what's not. I guess I should regret not buying one of those Grimbrins. :)

I'd like to have one of those mounted ponies. Remember to bring him with you when coming over.

#12 Ingway Ironfist

Ingway Ironfist

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

I was given a black dwarf and can't decide what to do with him keep or ebay?

#13 Tah Kazak Rik

Tah Kazak Rik

Scion of Grimnir

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,161 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:45 AM

The link below also provides some other images of the dwarves in question.

http://www.stunties....el_Combat_Cards

However the name of one is wrong according to what I understand, Duran the Faceless is really Khazek Doomlord, a model I actually own and have converted to my vampire lord.

The mentioned website actually has some really good pics of old models, but dont trust all of the names.

I had the peg legged model from bugmans, but I had the newer model bought in 2001.

#14 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Its a shame you didnt grab a Gimbrin Tungdil but keep your eyes peeled for any of the rare ones mate. They crop up quite a lot over bootsales where people sell bunches of figures for just a few quid :) I think most countries have bootsales dont they?

He'd fetch a nice price on Ebay Ingway but in 10 years he'll fetch a nicer price :)

Those names are taken straight off the combat cards that came with the figs Tah Kazak Rik so they're official. You're right about him being Khazek Doomlord too though, that was his name when he was released with the Chaos Renegades set. Theres 2 names for a lot of the Dwarfs as some were named in WD adverts as well. Gorin Baldor is a merchant figure according to the cards but he has Miner stamped on his tab.....there really isnt much sense to what GW have done sometimes :)

Stunties is THE information resource for all Dwarfs, there isnt much he doesnt know about Dwarfs so you can trust what goes on that site mate.

Newer model bought in 2001? What one is that?

#15 Thorgrimm14

Thorgrimm14

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:23 AM

I'm biding on Jorj on Ebay at the moment, the copy that just sold was pretty poor and looked to be rotting so skipped that one. I've bid £75 as I'm busy all weekend and I cant bid last second which I prefer doing. Please no one outbid me as if I get this one it just leaves 4 more to get.........

Well that auction just ended at 39 quid, so I guess congratulations are in order mate :guinesssmilie: :big_boss:
- T14

#16 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

:)

Cheers matey, just 4 to go now. The rest shouldnt cost anywhere near as much as that one though but finding them is going to be tough. Then I have a few unreleased models I need but for the amount of money some of them cost I think I may just leave them.

Been looking at halflings and snotlings now.....oh and some pygmies.....I shouldnt have gone back onto EBAY :(

#17 Tungdil Goldhand

Tungdil Goldhand

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

Halflings .. right ... I still need Helgar the Maid, the one with that big-"I swear too much" beerbarrel!

*heads off to eBay*
Oh, by the way, congratulations on Jorj. :hi:

#18 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

Cheers matey, I'm bidding on an auction with that figure in mate, if I win it its yours ;)

Stunties may have 2 of the figs I need so hopefully I can knock it down to just 2 figs soon :)

#19 Tungdil Goldhand

Tungdil Goldhand

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

Hey, I've been following that auction as well. Good thing you mentioned - we won't be bidding against eachother now :) Check your PM.

#20 Shelfunit

Shelfunit

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

I have a "Kaspar Grimroth" the dwarf wizard (in the combat cards link). He is a great model, had him for about 15 years now, still haven't got round to painting him up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users