3 replies to this topic

#1 Radulf Gargamek

Radulf Gargamek

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:39 AM

[u][i]Story behind the Clan[/i][/u]

The clan settled here after their hold, was destroyed by a large skaven raiding party. They traveled many mountain paths and lost many people to rock slides and grobi raiding parties, but finally they stumbled onto a Varn ( Mountain lake), they soon set up camp around the great lake. Soon the dwarfs eyed a giant greenish-yellow stone in the center of the lake, after much heaving and pulling they dwarfs finally managed to pull the massive stone ashore. They were astounded by the durability of the stone which no one could seem to break. Many tried to chip this mighty stone and all failed. Finally when the clan leader was to be picked they decided "Whoever can hue a piece of this metal, will become the Thane of this clan!" Days passed and everyone had failed to accomplish this feat until a dwarf named Storri Veincrusher Hued off the very first piece of the great stone and became king of Dal-Azul. Now every Dwe (3) years all the clans miners leave the tunnels to test their picks and become Veincrushers guardians of the Thane.

Every Veincrusher takes the piece of the metal that they hued and forge a new pick called Karak-Dum or enduring doom. The weapons are very distinctive by their greenish-yellow Hue.

Shortly after Storri became Thane he set up mining operations, on the mountain were they found many different veins of metals, gun powder ingredients, and they got enough stone from mining to start building more permanent shelter. Very soon their forges were cranking out the best guns and picks in all of the lands and desired by many, but all this success drew the wrong type of attention and groups of clan rats and storm vermin were charging up the mountain side bent on killing the dwarvish settlement. Many bloody battles followed, the wars lasted for many years and many a good dwarf fell in battle with the vermin, but like their great metal they held as firm as stone and beat back the Skaven armies. Shortly after this the Dwarfs cut off trading and used their gun powder to destroy the passes up to the the Varn, all but one this would be the funnel point for any attacker and they would be greeted by volleys of dwarvish lead. Soon two giant doors crafted from the mountain itself was placed on this path and anything that breaches this place, this time they will be ready for them.

[u][i]Clan leader discription[/i][/u]
Storri Veincrusher. He is 87 years old, weighs 197 pounds and is 4'6" tall. He has blue black hair and have purple eyes and wears a nose ring. He was born in Karak Hirn (Black Mountains) under the sign of Dragomas the Drake (Sign of Courage), and has no siblings.

His mother's name is Franziska, and she was a Mercenary (Dead). His father's name is Mordrin, and he was a Shieldbreaker (Dead) both died in the hold trying to fight back the Skaven army.

[i][u]Clan standard barer and royal adviser
[/u][/i]
His name is Kargun Ironbeard. He is 159 years old, weighs 220 pounds and is 4'5" tall. He has brown hair and has dark brown eyes. He was born in Karak Hirn (Black Mountains) under the sign of Rhya's Cauldron (Sign of Mercy, Death and Creation), and has 1 siblings.

His mother's name was Silma, and she was a Runebearer. She is deceased. His father's name is Gottri, and he is a Tradesman. His sister's name is Dagmar, and she is a Tradesman.

[i][u]Flag color and emblem[/u][/i]
The banner is a bright red, with a giant greenish-yellow metal in the center surrounded by runes of[color="#ffff00"] [color="#000000"]protection[/color][/color] and preservation

[i][u]Dal-Azul population[/u][/i]

Kantuz-Nuk-Fut
(194 and growing steadily)

[u][i]Dal-Azul Clan colors[/i]

[/u]Golden armor, Red trims and lining, and Orange cloth

[i][u]Special Ale type[/u][/i]
Blastin Stone- A ale brewed in the intense heats of the forge, after the brew has finished the brew master adds a horn full of gun powder and a couple "Fire Rocks" (Like a cross between jalapeno peppers, Cinnamon, and salt.) This potent concoction will even have the stoutest dwarf thinking twice about downing a tankard of this.

[i][u]Traditions[/u][/i] (Special rules)

[b]Black powder weaponry has become a symbol of the clan and no dwarf in the clan would never think of using any other type of ranged weapon.[/b]
[i]You can't use quarrelers, bolt throwers, or grudge throwers.[/i] [i]Also must have at least 1+ unit of thunderers[/i], [i]Also thunders have a extra 1+ to hit at all times to represent their Superior craftsmanship and the fine training of the unit (point cost increased by 3pts per model to balance)
[/i]
[b]No honored member of the clan would ever go anywhere unprotected by the Veincrushers, Nor would the Veincrushers allow themselves to flee and leave the people they need to protect.[/b]
[i]Every character must start out in a group of 2+ Veincrushers (same stats and but cost an extra 6pts each) and the character may never leave this unit, they also count as unbreakable.[/i]

[b]The great Cannons and Organ guns forged here are needed to guard the great gate and are very few and rare, as such no crewman of any war machine would ever leave their gun and would gladly lay thier lives down to stop the enemy from taking it.[/b]
[i]You can only have one War machine per 750 pts also the crew counts as unbreakable and have 1+ attacks on the first round of combat. If the machine does fall in battle it is a devastating loss to the clan (extra 75+ Victory points for the model if destroyed)

[/i][b]The secret forging technique and superior craftsmanship of the pickaxes makes them seemingly weightless.[/b]
[i]1+ to movement due to the reduced weight of the weapon (additional 2pts on all miners[/i])

I wanted to add a bit to my army with my fluff but try to restrict it as much as possible with out going to overboard on either end and try to stick to my fluff

C&C are welcome and ales all around on me! :beer1:

Edited by Radulf Gargamek, 04 August 2009 - 11:55 PM.

#2 Forkbeard

Forkbeard

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:44 AM

I like the idea Radulf and background/fluff looks pretty good to me. If I may I have some feedback and a few thoughts that I will pass on.

a) Your lord is quite young and probably the equivalent of a teenager in human years. 120 pounds is not very stout I am thinking around 180 pound would better.

b ) What is the name of the metal, as it seems similar to warpstone.

c) Additions to armies, which change stats, are always hard to gauge. The picks adding +1 [warhammertag141]WS[/warhammertag141] and +1A make these guys equivalent to a prospector, which is probably too powerful and would add 10 or 15 points to the model

Well make of these what you will, as it’s just my opinion.

The main thing is to have fun with it :yes3:

Edited by Forkbeard, 30 July 2009 - 03:47 AM.

#3 Radulf Gargamek

Radulf Gargamek

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:14 AM

I like the idea Radulf and background/fluff looks pretty good to me. If I may I have some feedback and a few thoughts that I will pass on.

a) Your lord is quite young and probably the equivalent of a teenager in human years. 120 pounds is not very stout I am thinking around 180 pound would better.
[u][b]Yea, I thought that too I used a WHFR character generator to see what it did and I liked the results. I'd say somewhere betten 76-85 sounds good for age (Still got the kick of his youth and the wisdom of time) and he did sound kind of scronny for a dwarf I mean he ain't no elf he's got muscles on him
[/b][/u]
b ) What is the name of the metal, as it seems similar to warpstone.
[u][b]I looked through a warhammer dwarf translation book and couldn't really find the words to match such a great metal do you have any thoughts for a name?[/b][/u]

c) Additions to armies, which change stats, are always hard to gauge. The picks adding +1 [warhammertag141]WS[/warhammertag141] and +1A make these guys equivalent to a prospector, which is probably too powerful and would add 10 or 15 points to the model
[u][b]Well you do make a valad point on that Hmmm do you have any good stat increases that wouldn't be too powerful but still represent the fluff, also[/b] [b]what do you think of the 1+ to hit for thunderers is that [warhammertag100]OK[/warhammertag100]?[/b][/u]
Well make of these what you will, as it's just my opinion.

The main thing is to have fun with it :yes3:

[u][b]Thank you very much for the feed back![/b][/u][b] (Sorry bout the copy and paste still kinda new so I didn't know how to quote you)[/b]

Edited by Radulf Gargamek, 30 July 2009 - 04:18 AM.

#4 Radulf Gargamek

Radulf Gargamek

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:41 AM

Well I made some changes, does anyone like the fluff or think the stat changes are to Strong/Weak?

C&C very much appreciated :)

Edited by Radulf Gargamek, 01 August 2009 - 05:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users