• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Finn Kazador

Finn Kazador

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:09 AM

mega_shok.gif Sadly my 3 year old dwarf collection has been stolen!!!! Dead and gone for all eternity!!!! Back stabbing, sneaky, slime ridden, vermounus fools!!! Now i have to start all over.....(tear)... My hounor is stained and "I swear too much" on!!! mega_shok.gif I have a new and very real grudge to settle...

#2 lord redbeard

lord redbeard

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

damnit! seemsto be a rash of warhammer stealing going on lately. this sucks.

#3 Thane Godri GoblinSlayer

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:56 AM

At least you get to enjoy starting all over again. If that happened to me I would be really "I swear too much". sorry man, maybe you can find it from the thief.

#4 Torendil Zharrgrund

Torendil Zharrgrund

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:30 AM

My condolences. That must be awful.

Still, let me welcome you to the Brewery lad. Have an ale or two on my tab to get you started. drinks.gif

There have been a few members who had their army stolen lately, any more info on how yours looks and where you live? This makes sure that *if* it comes up on ebay maybe you can identify it.....

Torendil the Slayer

#5 Filup

Filup

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

Ehhh this must hurt! Especially if they were all painted and all. This is not something I would ever forgive.

"I swear too much" YOU ALL THIEVES! MAY ALL THE BAD LUCK FALL ON YOUR BATTLES!!

cheer up mate... I hope you will at least have some good time in the brevery thou...

#6 with an iron fist

with an iron fist

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Finn Kazador @ Jan 15 2009, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mega_shok.gif Sadly my 3 year old dwarf collection has been stolen!!!! Dead and gone for all eternity!!!! Back stabbing, sneaky, slime ridden, vermounus fools!!! Now i have to start all over.....(tear)... My hounor is stained and "I swear too much" on!!! mega_shok.gif I have a new and very real grudge to settle...

Your first post, on your first day - A Grudge.

Do we like this one, or Grudge too?

#7 De Gaule

De Gaule

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

What a crime! the brewery should unite, hunt him down, and kill him! hunter.gif

#8 Thoin Ironfist

Thoin Ironfist

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

I second that idea! Let us bring his face to our axes!

But seriously, I have not heard of this Warhammer theft until now. Where is this occuring? I'm in the states, so few people even really know of Warhammer.

#9 Tenacious

Tenacious

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

thiefs are a disease wich must be cleansed of from this planet.

in my shop i made a routine route just to check what got stolen yesterday. (lego's is really popular)
and although i don't sell warhammer i would feel pained <--- think filter doesn't take that if my army gets stolen but just to make you feel a lil better.
my store has a overall cash loss of 100 euros just on theft (toy store kids learn at a young age i guess)

tbh i wonder what i would do to the person if i finally get my hands on him here in the netherlands more people get locked up for defending themselves then actual criminals....

#10 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:18 PM

Its not just the NL Tenacious, we have stupid laws that make criminals better off than the victims in the UK too. If no one finds the body though, you will probably get away with it smile.gif

I've sold quite a lot of Lego over the last year and its definately gone up in value a lot. Keep that stuff behind the counter mate.

Theft is definately a cause to have your figs painted well so you can recognise them if they're sold on Ebay. Fill the underneath of the bases with putty and carve your initials or postcode in them wink.gif

Edited by Perv, 16 April 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#11 Dark Dwarves

Dark Dwarves

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:26 AM

Myself I am working on an anti-theft device known as the internet. If I can get my army to look unique enough and get pictures posted all over the internet then everyone will know that it's mine. If it is ever stolen, then someone might recignise it and then show the thief the error of his ways. diablo.gif

The Dark Dwarves

#12 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

If you ever see them on Ebay and you need to prove they're yours then having photographic records online would be a good way to do it wink.gif The thief may just disapear with your figs though so perhaps bidding and winning them back, then once they've been delivered claim your money back via paypal. At least you'd get your figs back this way.

In the grand scheme of things my collection isnt too large but all in all its worth about 2500-3000 I'd estimate. I've heard of some people having over 100,000 figures though so doing a photographic record of those would take quite a while....

#13 Tenacious

Tenacious

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

hhm well my army isnt converted much.

but its pretty recognizable since i got the name written of my clan all over there shields (in klinkaruhn).
also my new standard bearers used the space of the flag to put the entire name upon.
and all the new shields (old shields where flat new ones are dented so to say) got there emblems removed to make room for a rune.

its not much of a conversion but just trying to show your army doesn't need much conversion to look unique.
so i think my army is pretty theft proof.

#14 Trogdor Grobibane

Trogdor Grobibane

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

dang, that really sucks. here in washington state there's been a few i've heard about, including one guy who when he was caught with the models he had stolen, he threw them into the river. some people just need to be shot, or sent to the congo, which ever one is worse.

But there is still hope!! a buddy of mine got his converted and almost GD-level painted Ork army stolen, and exactly a year later, the guy tried to sell them at a GW store. one of the red shirts bought them for like fifty bucks, then game them back to the original owner. only a few touch-ups were needed and some arms replaced. quite amazing........

and like the others said, ebay is a good place to look, people who steal them don't know what any of the units are or anything, so they're easy to find just by reading the description. I wish you all the luck, mate.

#15 Helbrimm Proudbeard

Helbrimm Proudbeard

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

Maybe we should start looking for a alarmsystem to protect our armycarriers, for example a system where an alarm would sound when a receiver is moved X fet away from a transmitter.

Something like that surely must exist? *Runs off to Google*

// Helbrimm

#16 Axebearer

Axebearer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:07 AM

My defense against thieves is to paint my army so bad no one will pay for them and they will sell it so cheap on ebay that I can buy it back for 1 dolla

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users