22 replies to this topic

#1 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:40 PM

Zharr Karag is a supposedly dormant volcano near Blackfire Pass. However the area is covered in snow most of the year, giving the apearence of snow over black rock and ash. The Dwarves here fight almost constantly against both greenskins and chaos hordes, the chaos hordes here are embodied by fiery daemons.

Leader- Morodin Ashbeard. he wields the Zharrgrund(Firehammer), a massive hammer(by dwarf standards) made of gromril and inlaid with Galbaraz. His armor, Zharrkladak(fiery armor of grudges), which is made of steele the color of obsidian, and also inlaid with Galbaraz. His hair is marble white and his beard quite large. He is slighlty taller than average, and rarely(but occasionally) rides into combat being carried on a shield.

The rest of the clan are raised warriors and taught at least some runic things such as klinkarun. They wear red armor and brass mail, almost all decorations are made of Galbaraz. They prefer viscious melee combat, however they do have a thunderer corp(no quarrellers).

Culture- the culture is the same as usual dwarf culture, however they are slighlty more grim and seem to be obsessed with fire and oathgold(Galbaraz)

thats all i have for now...im working on a shortstory and a few more characters for now....C&C

#2 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:51 PM

my 1st warrior regiment

close up of one

#3 Torendil Zharrgrund

Torendil Zharrgrund

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (Rommel Stonefist @ Oct 20 2008, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leader- Morodin Ashbeard. he wields the Zharrgrund(Firehammer), a massive hammer(by dwarf standards) made of gromril and inlaid with Galbaraz.

Hm, this one must be related to me then! yahoo.gif Let's ask our local halfling if he can check out my family records, maybe It's a twice-removed cousin! wink.gif

As for the fluff, I like it. You might want to do a search in the forge, if I'm not mistaken Grimstonefire wanted to start an anti-deamon/volcano dwarf army.

I also like the warriors, is it scab red?

Torendil the Slayer

EDIT: Excuse me, I didn't give you a proper welcome. Let me welcome you to the Brewery lad! Have an ale on me for joining us, and I hope you'll have a good time here! drinks.gif

Edited by Torendil the Slayer, 20 October 2008 - 07:25 AM.

#4 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

ack! sorry i didnt notice...unless youd like me to write it into my fluff?

the warriors are macharite followed by a red gore wash....though these i purposely let my red gore dry out, and then did a heavy drybrush...it gives the gritty feel i wanted

thanks for the welcome mate! *downs an ale and smashes the mug against the wall*

#5 Torendil Zharrgrund

Torendil Zharrgrund

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:51 PM

No need to change your fluff at all lad, I see no reason to do so! Before I took up the Slayer oath my name was Zharrgrund, but now I'm just a homeless slayer anyway...

happy.gif

Torendil the Slayer

#6 Perv

Perv

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

Nice paintjobs mate. Good neat painting and fluff is a good start wink.gif

Edited by Perv, 20 October 2008 - 02:55 PM.

#7 Dwarf Lord Mick

Dwarf Lord Mick

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:21 PM

Welcome to the brewery mate wink.gif ,

Nice start of the fluff and your army looks promising already.

Cant wait to read / see more of your army yahoo.gif .

#8 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

well i have bought alot of minis...just started painting though

40 warriors
20 longbeards
40 thunderers
4 cannons
3 organ guns
1 flame cannon
1 grudge thrower
3 bolt throwers
20 slayers
a gamesday daemon slayer
the white dwarf being carried by bugman and gotrek
all 3 gotrek models
32 miners
20 iron breakers
10 metal hammerers and 10 being made from plastics
Anvil of Doom
Throgrim(just cus he looks cool)
1 gyrocopter(getting 2 more, these "harassers" do alot of damage)
goblin hewer
1 slayer doomseeker(getting 2 more)

and im also working on an all slayer army and a few chaos dwarves

im also getting Morodin sculpted...he is going to look awsome

#9 Lord Ravenhelm

Lord Ravenhelm

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

Wow, that's quite an army! wink.gif Welcome to the Brewery. drinks.gif
Your warriors look nice and neat.
Btw, you mentioned that you are having your hero sculpted. By whom? By a friend, or you commissioned a fig from some studio. I know a guy who sculpted all his characters and they looked awesome.

Lord Ravenhelm

Edited by Lord Ravenhelm, 20 October 2008 - 08:15 PM.

#10 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:32 AM

i have yet to find a sculptor....if you know anyone please tell me

im looking for-

1 on foot
1 in a throne(i will send Throgrims throne, i just want a new fig to sit in it)
1 on a gryphon(as a center piece, not for play without permnission, and i have the gryphon and will send it to the sculptor)

i have vivid images for how all of these will look, and do not want to stray from it

also

Thane 1, Rommel Stonefist

my iron breaker scheme...cus i hate silver

Edited by Rommel Stonefist, 21 October 2008 - 01:02 AM.

#11 Dwarf Lord Mick

Dwarf Lord Mick

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

Great paintings again yahoo.gif btw well done to get the white dwarf being carried by bugman and gotrek. Wish i had it happy.gif .

#12 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:53 PM

im kinda of disapointed...my camera makes the models look chipped and sloppier than they are....

oh and a fluff addition, the warrior motto

"the weak die quickly, and the strong die just as fast. those left become some of the fiercest warriors in the world"

#13 Lord Ravenhelm

Lord Ravenhelm

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:07 PM

My friend used to sculpt the minis, but I didn't see him in quite a while. I might check if you are interested. Btw, nice motto. I guess that mine would be "Ravens will feast upon the flesh of our enemies", since my Hold emblem is a raven. Just a thought, though. wink.gif

Lord Ravenhelm

#14 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:19 PM

i want gryphon riders...im a WoW player, and i just want some...any ideas for rules/fluff/where to get cheap and good looking gryphons?

also i just started my hammerers...ill get some pics up later

#15 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:40 AM

as promised....however oddly he started chipping...im gonna have to strip and repaint him, perhaps this time i wont spray during a humid day xD

#16 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

new fluff!

with Kraka Drak destroyed several of the Norscan dwarf refugees fled, and some made it to Zharr Karag. Taken in by Morodin, the culture of the Norscans has been mixed with those of the Zharr Karag dwarfs, and generations of new dwarfs with the blood of the norscans are being born.

The Dwarfs of Zharr Karag see all other races as inferior and refuse to work with anyone other than dwarves!

new characters-

Queen Hilde Grimbraid Ashbeard- milky white skin only slighlty darker than that of an elf. She wears armor almost identical to her husband's, and carries Rinngrund(queens hammer) as well as a shield made of gromril and gold. Her hair is white and long, full of tiny braids and runic clasps made of galbaraz.

Anrir Stoneheart - Morodin's lorekeeper, gatekeeper, foremost general, and best friend. He leads the ironbreaker corp directly. however unlike most Ironbreakers, theyre armor is made of Galbaraz and has only runes of gromril. They do not guard the tunnels and act instead as hardened veterens who fight at the very front. He carries a great axe called Gnolldreng. His hair is stony grey and is in 2 long braids that go almost to the floor

Danria Platehelm - she was exiled from Karak Hirn for loving another maiden. Takin in by Morodin she now leads his rangers and is one of his closest friends.short brown hair to her shoulders, it flows freely with no braids. she is young and wears heavy chainmail armor made of bronze. she wears a black cowl when fighting, as do her ranger bodyguards. she carries a great hammer called Gromgrund. Now married to the same maiden, Kyna Featherfoot, her reddish brown hair is in one massive braid that goes almost to the ground, a gold clasp covered in runes at the end. She fights alongside Danria in the ranger corp, the pair of them unstopable as they always have eachothers back. Wearing identical armor, she carries an axe Duraz Maraz.(this character was based of one of my best friends irl )

Eihnry Elfbeater- a fiery young warrior whose acts of heroism have almost gotten him killed several times. He is a beardling with but a tiny brown beard that goes hardly past his neck. He is a simple warrior who carries an axe and shield.

Hlodyn Thunderfist- wears light armor and carries a handgun as well as several pistols. A blonde beard, with a moustache longer than the beard. He leads Morodin's engineers, and as such usually carries a huge variety of gadgets with him. he has a great weapon, but rarely uses it, opting for explosives or otehr ranged weaponry.

Llia The Viscious- a female dwarf slayer, she unlike most slayers tends to socialize and converse with those outside the slayer group. Exactly what she did is a big mystery she isnt keen on revealing. she wears thin leather straps only to conceal her womanly bits, and carries a huge slection of axes. She has been a slayer many years and has killed hordes of enemies, however she is unscarred and radiates beauty.

thats it for now...C&C

Edited by Rommel Stonefist, 31 October 2008 - 09:16 PM.

#17 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

new character-

Gromgul Firestarter - Master Runelord, and owner of the anvil. He is extremely old, even by dwarf standards, wrinkled skin and ghosty white hair. His beard is in 2 long braids, and he wears decorative rune armor called Kladazak. His hammer is a clone of the revered Thorek Ironbrow, save for some of the runs of course. His assistant is Drunly Firestarter, his great grandson and apprentice.

seriosly? no comments? no criticisms??

Edited by Rommel Stonefist, 28 November 2008 - 09:15 PM.

#18 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:03 PM

New Fluff

During The Coming of Chaos Zharr Karag was invaded by hordes of daemons streaming from the depths of the massive volcano they call home. They fought a bitter war for many years to come against the fiery monstrosities, theyre flaming weapons unable to do much to them. The dwarfs shining bright armor was soon tarnished and ruined, they were forced to strip the corpses of their armor and ancestral heirlooms to survive. However soon even these rune covered relics started to fall into disrepair, and with great shame the dwarfs melted them down to forge new chainmail, with oaths of shame they accepted and wore it as Oathgold, theyre fighting was bitter and to the end. They started to dwindle down, a third theyre number, and almost no new dwarfs being born. Then out of nowhere rose a hero, Morodin Ashbeard, and with his massive hammer he took a bloody toll on the daemons, as if sent by Grugni himself!

-now heres a short story with Morodin-

A battered and bloody dwarf wearing the bright golden mail of melted down relics screamed as he was impaled by a fiery sword. With his last breath he yelled "By Grugni ihm takin yu' with meh!", and drove his axe into the daemons skull, splitting it wide open, they both fell to the ground convulsing in their death throws. The Dwarven line backed up, a break in the combat a welcome site. The formed a shield wall, theyre bright and shiny golden armor now blood splattered and covered in dirt and stone chips. Out of nowhere they hear the Zharr Karag battlecry from behind them, "Zharrak Zharrkul! Anu Baraz Anu Zanar!". A Dwarf with a great white beard and long mane lept from the dwarven lines, his short legs flinging him through the air and into the daemons, his hammer lifted up to strike. The young Anrir Stoneheart watched in awe as the dwarf impacted in the daemons, his small brown beard not even to his waist, a golden mask covering his expression of awe. He shook it off and returned the battle cry and yelling for the other Dwarfs to charge with him, he took off running, his great axe lifted above his head he battered himself into the daemons, shield knocking one onto its back, soon to be tranpled by the dwarven charge. Daemonic blood was in the air and splattered against the wall as the two lines fought bitterly, the dwarfs unyielding and unforgiving, refusing to stop pushing. The seconds seemed like years as the dwarfs slew the daemons in the viscious melee, however in a matter of minutes the daemons were fleeing, their numbers greatly cut. The dwarfs did not pursue, far to tired from theit previous exertions. The dwarfs circled around their saviour, they great dwarf with his massive white beard and finely crafted armor, he stood in the middle of the dwarfs proudly, his hammer held across his chest, glowing with runic power. Anrir was the first to kneel "Bromrik, please...wha' is yer' name". He stands proud and tall "lad dunt kneel 'afore me...", with that he pulls Anrir up and places his hand on Anrir's shoulder "ihm Morodin Ashbeard, ahnd who' are' yu'?". Anrir is clearly surprised, and notices the rest of the warriors are kneeling before Morodin, but says nothing about it. "i-im Anrir Stoneheart...meh' lord...". Morodin nods at him "well Anrir Stoneheart...it apears we 'ave finally beaten these beasts aye?" he gives a gentle smile to Anrir, who is clearly shocked by this cheery old lad. Morodin smiles to the rest "well 'ow aboot somme ale aye? to tha' halls!", and with that the shocked dwarfs followed him, unsure of how this dwarf got here but to happy to ask, they clearly think he was sent by Grugni himself. But they reach the mead hall and have many a toasts to him, and name him their king.

Edited by Rommel Stonefist, 28 November 2008 - 09:15 PM.

#19 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:09 AM

More Fluff:

The Forces of Zharr Karag

Droni(loud noisers)- the expansive thunderer corp

Baranok Pikemen - dwarfs with very very long pikes, wearing relatively heavy armor

Norse Avengers - the norse dwarfs have formed their own bands, and act like slayers however they wear their norse clothing and do not shave/dye their hair

Bearsarkergang - Dwarfs on Bears or wolves. name was taken from the viking berserkers with a slight spell change. Before battle these calvarymen hype them and their mounts up on mushrooms, going into a berserk rage not unlike the goblin fanatics(but they are controlled). They wear heavy armor and polish it brightly to blind the enemy when they ride to them.

Stoneguard - These dwarfs wear armor the equivalent of Ironbreakers, however they remain as a flank guard and serve as protectors of the Thanes.

____

New Character:

Thane Vadrik Darksteele - A former chaos dwarf, he was betrayed by the chaos dwarfs and thrown into Zharr Karag. He amazingly lived, but was terribly scarred, his beard burning off. In shame he used his mechanical knowledge to rebuild his lost leg and cover himself in a life support suit. He uses a sword inscribed with fierey runes, making its bright red in battle.

for him ill be using this mini : Dwarf Vader

#20 Gramlin Aletracker

Gramlin Aletracker

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Is it possible for us to meet this Dwarf Vader in the RPG? I can understand the normal troops, but I don't think Hlodyn will like Vadrik at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users