• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KingThurgun

KingThurgun

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

Some friends of mine up at school have voiced their interest in a Mighty Empires game, and as the senior Warhammer player I have taken up the mantle of running it. I have the tiles, and we have a spot on the world map we want the battles to take place in, so we only lack for decent campaign rules!

The ones in the Mighty Empires rulebook are pretty stunted, and the supplements they give online aren't much help either. Does anyone know where I can find a good set of campaign rules? I may not even use the whole ruleset, just steal ideas as a starting point for making my own. I'm not looking for anything overly complicated, just some fun rules that incorporate the outcomes of smaller skirmish games into the bigger battles, plus maybe some tidbits about finding magic items and ect.

If people don't know of any good rule sets, perhaps we could use this thread to make some for the Brewery?

We're planning on setting the campaign in the lands of the empire before the Empire's rise. Dwarfs and Elves battle for imperial supremacy while the Orcs just try to burn and pillage all they can, even as an Undead evil finds its way into the new lands after it's banishment from Araby. I think it'll make for a fun setting.

All suggestions are welcome!

King Thurgun

PS- I did not know Ironmonger myself, but I was deeply impressed by the forum's response to his tragedy. This kind of fraternity is rare to find and I'm proud to be a part of it! Here's one for Ironmonger! drinks.gif

#2 Torendil the Slayer

Torendil the Slayer

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:12 PM

One of the best campaign suplements for warhammer is IMO "The General's Compendium". Quite a big book, with rules for all different kinds of campaings (tree-campaing, sieges, naval warfare, map campaigns) and very nice illustrations.

As for the late Lord Ironmonger, he was one of the greatest members of our Brewery, and he will not be forgotten. He was truly one of "Bugman's Finest."

Torendil Zharrgrund

#3 LordAldrack

LordAldrack

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:13 PM

See what you think of this:

http://www.games-wor...amp;aId=1400005

If the link doesent work I will see if I can send the original PDF to you. I also have a more detailed version that you can use where someone made additions to it as well. Some very nice additions, but some are for Warhammer Quest games as well. I really do like these rules for Mighty Empires, but the GC campaign is in another league in of itself.

#4 Tah Kazak Rik

Tah Kazak Rik

Dwarf Of Legend

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:47 AM

Your idea seems pretty fun.

Just remember to block all blackpowder useagem it wasnt around yet.

Also allow the Dwarves and Elves to have access to some more rune and magic points.

Warband games or a Escalation Style can be a good way to start the game or use for Trade Caravan scenarios and stuff.

The Humans also would be in the Eastern Borders of the Empire, and North East.

Undead would be in the south parts of the Empire.

Read the fluff so you can create a good solid campaign.

And yes Irongmonger was a Lord of the Forum and shall be greatly missed, but we shall remember him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users