#61 Bor

Bor

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (Thorindil @ Aug 25 2008, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's been a while since I've heard anything about the Meet and Play, but since it's next Sunday...

Any news on how things are going to go?

Well every body brings a 1250 points army and we will fight some battles and just talk and have fun?

#62 Thorindil

Thorindil

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

Sounds good to me! smile.gif

#63 sjefke1993

sjefke1993

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

ill come to, ill bring vampire counts. so if anyone wants to play me, just look for the smallest and probably youngest kid and hit him in the face. just kidding, a tap on the shoulder would just do fine:P

anyway, how about the miniswap? if it's going on. maybe everybody should just bring old "I Swear too much" and stuff he doesn't want, dump it on a table and if anybody wants something, he/she can grab it (not meaning that everybody should just grab what he can grab, but this is about fun, so if you see the one mini you need, you can pick it.)
ill probably will bring some stuff (probably only 1 dwarf:P the rest is all sorts of stuff like orcs, lord of the rings etc.)

greetz sjefke

#64 icewolff

icewolff

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

I will be dare, but yes what about the mini swap ?

and what about parking, is there a cheap ( we are still DUTCH dwarfs ) parkingspace nearby ?
please advice.

#65 sjefke1993

sjefke1993

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:24 AM

hello, the dwarf meeting is within 2 days, and i still haven't got any answers sad.gif pls reply here with some of them.

greetz sjefke

#66 Bor

Bor

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (icewolff @ Aug 26 2008, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be dare, but yes what about the mini swap ?

and what about parking, is there a cheap ( we are still DUTCH dwarfs ) parkingspace nearby ?
please advice.

Well it is Sunday and then you do not have to pay for parking unless you park in a parkinggarage. yahoo.gif

There are three parking options really close.
1 just before you turn right to enter the Steenstraat there is a parkingspace. (should be about 2 minutes walking from there)
2 park in the Steenstraat it self (but will most likely be full)
3 park in the Musis-garage. Just follow the signs to it. You will have to pay but not really much. (should be about 5 minutes walking)

Go to Google-maps and look for Steenstraat in Arnhem. The shop is very close to the Velperbuitensingel

Those who come with public transport have 3 options as well:
1 go to station Velperpoort and walk from there (around 7 minutes)
2 take any bus that goes to Velperplein (busnumbers are 1,3,5,6,7,26,27,29,31,32,33,60,61,62)
3 walk from Arnhem CS towards the shop (around 15 minutes)

Now about the miniswap. There aint one organised but if you got spare models you want to trade or give away just bring them.

#67 Tungdil Goldhand

Tungdil Goldhand

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:58 AM

Now about the miniswap. There aint one organised but if you got spare models you want to trade or give away just bring them.

That's just fine for me, I already know a couple of uneven numbers smile.gif

#68 icewolff

icewolff

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

@ sjefke1993 : sorry for the late reply, no problems here when you come.

the more the better, but are you a vampire player just visiting this site or you interestid in dwarfs.

@ bor : thanks for the parking options, here we have to pay the same on sunday as the rest of the week.

See you all tomorrow.

If any want to sell SPREU (NOT GLEUD YET) of 6th edition plastic warriors please take them with you ( i am looking for 20 warriors)

#69 sjefke1993

sjefke1993

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:51 PM

@ icewolf, no, i am not interested in planning on playing dwarfs, because i dont have the money yet:P but i visit this site regurly, however, the reason you havent seen any posts of me is beacause me inglish is bad and i dont feel like posting: good job, for every mini i like (cause i meanly visit the forge)

im am in search of bitz, and maybe other models, ill trade em against anything nice you can find in my box (large ice cream box, about 3 querters filled, mostly complete models etc. not bitz)
\
greetz sjefke

#70 Dal Thingaz Umgisson

Dal Thingaz Umgisson

Deamonslayer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

due to fysical problems, Griep, I am allas not at arnhem tomorrow.

Wish you all a very good meet and play and make some pictures.

ik baal als een stekker, maar ja volgende keer beter

Dal

#71 Gramlin Aletracker

Gramlin Aletracker

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:26 AM

Well, for those who read this, I'm coming, will arrive at around 11.

#72 Torendil Zharrgrund

Torendil Zharrgrund

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

Brother dwarves, I am very deeple ashamed.
Last night I had a stag party for a very good friend of mine who's getting married next week. The party was a blast and it became very, very late (in fact I should say early) in the morning when I got home. As tends to happen at such parties I was incredibly drunk, and I woke up half an hour ago. When I came in the kitchen I saw my Warhammer case standing next to the door and only then I realised I had totally forgotten about the meeting today because I was simply to drunk to hear my alarm. As it is it is now much, much to late to get there (I live in Ghent, Flanders, by the time I would get there it would be dark).
I had made a promise to my dwarven brothers and by my own fault I have failed to keep it. My oath has been broken and I have failed you all. I hope my absence has not given rise to any problems (for the payment of the store and stuff) and if it has I will compensate it. Again I am truly sorry to miss this wonderfull day. I can only hope that you all have a great time, and find it in your heart to forgive this hangover dwarf.

There is only one honorable sollution for this problem. As a true dwarf I will go to the shrine of Grimnir and shave my hair and beard, I will take up the Slayer oath to atone for my broaken oath to you all.

Torendil Zharrgrund

#73 sjefke1993

sjefke1993

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

ive had a fun time, played some nice games, bought some stuff. to bad not all the people could be there sad.gif

greetz sjefke

#74 Bor

Bor

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (sjefke1993 @ Aug 31 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ive had a fun time, played some nice games, bought some stuff. to bad not all the people could be there sad.gif

greetz sjefke

yep it was fun and there was room for improvement for the next meeting coming year.

#75 Tungdil Goldhand

Tungdil Goldhand

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:56 PM

Same for me, it was a nice meeting and some very nice games. I hope we can do it again in a couple of months!

#76 Bor

Bor

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Tungdil Goldhand @ Aug 31 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same for me, it was a nice meeting and some very nice games. I hope we can do it again in a couple of months!

Then I want a rematch again you but then without my cursed dice. Not that I will win then but it will be a more challeging game. Well I hope. tongue.gif

#77 Dwarf Lord Mick

Dwarf Lord Mick

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

Happy to hear it was a nice meeting wink.gif . Maybe i come once to happy.gif .

#78 icewolff

icewolff

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:04 AM

Hail fellow dwarfs, I had a great time there, nice games and learned some nice things.

And I hope this will be a yearly coming event and with a date more in the winter or coming spring when
everbody has more time and we can plan ahead. so more people can come.

and yes the mini swap needs some planning and other stuff as paint tips and modeling etc.

@ Torendil Zharrgrund ; The ink is still wet in the book of grugdes, but if you be there next time
then it can easy be erased. haha

Edited by icewolff, 01 September 2008 - 11:07 AM.

#79 Tungdil Goldhand

Tungdil Goldhand

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:05 PM

Cursed dice all the way! It saved me the first part of the match, Bor wink.gif

I just got an idea for the mini-swap; how about everybody painting a mini for eachother? So, DWL paints one of Bor's figures fro him, I paint one for DWL, Icewolf for me, etc. etc.? We could either give eachother the mini to paint at the event or (my preference) give the finished figure while we're there and ship it a month, or two, before.

Edit:

Wooohoooo! 1,000 posts!! king.gif

Edited by Tungdil Goldhand, 01 September 2008 - 04:06 PM.

#80 Dwarf Lord Mick

Dwarf Lord Mick

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

Have to look if its possible if i come etc..with parents/college dont really know yet we will talk about it soon smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users