82 replies to this topic

#41 Lord of the Hunt

Lord of the Hunt

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

Well, its been a long time since i saw this topic.
(Thanks Torendil wink.gif )

But, yeah. I guess those dates (don't really care which one) will be fine.
I'm not really a fan of the (or a ) miniature swap, but I guess it'll do smile.gif, 1250 points is perfect for some battles.
So yeah, Im in smile.gif.

hunter.gif Lord of the Hunt

#42 Bor

Bor

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (Lord of the Hunt @ May 25 2008, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, its been a long time since i saw this topic.
(Thanks Torendil wink.gif )

But, yeah. I guess those dates (don't really care which one) will be fine.
I'm not really a fan of the (or a ) miniature swap, but I guess it'll do smile.gif, 1250 points is perfect for some battles.
So yeah, Im in smile.gif.

hunter.gif Lord of the Hunt

Welcome aboard Lord of the Hunt.

We will meet on 31 of august in Arnheim by a shop called SPELKWARTIER.

Please sign in on this TOPIC

Edited by Bor, 26 May 2008 - 09:17 AM.

#43 icewolff

icewolff

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

Has anybody a idea what the mini swap model is going to be, so 5th 6th tin or plastic,
It takes me a long time to paint, and if we get better weather and a proper summer then
Most time painting come in second place ( shame on me), so any suggestions.

Is it not possible to send all members living in Holland and Belgium a automated message from
a yes3.gif yes3.gif nice admin friends.gif to there mail of postbox . to reach more members to

and a link to this topic and the signup site.

Please sign in on this TOPIC

#44 Gramlin Aletracker

Gramlin Aletracker

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:03 PM

I like the sound of this, and I'm thinking of coming, but here's the hurdle: I'm as new as it's going to get, and thus I have nothing, nothing worth mentioning. When I started I wasn't about to overspend on things, so I got the beginnings and I'm painting/practising on them. Bottom line: I won't bring an amry, just want to watch those experts play and learn. Is this a problem? I hope not.

From the young 'un,
Gramlin,

PS, Erik's the name, 16's the age, and I don't do beer. I don't like the stuff, so I'll bring my own stuff tongue.gif ...maybe some coca cola yahoo.gif

#45 icewolff

icewolff

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Gramlin Aletracker @ Jun 12 2008, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the sound of this, and I'm thinking of coming, but here's the hurdle: I'm as new as it's going to get, and thus I have nothing, nothing worth mentioning. When I started I wasn't about to overspend on things, so I got the beginnings and I'm painting/practising on them. Bottom line: I won't bring an amry, just want to watch those experts play and learn. Is this a problem? I hope not.

From the young 'un,
Gramlin,

PS, Erik's the name, 16's the age, and I don't do beer. I don't like the stuff, so I'll bring my own stuff tongue.gif ...maybe some coca cola yahoo.gif

For me no problem, and if you want to play i have 12000 points of dwarf if you count the special Ch like white dwarf and our king. but normal units over 5000 points so i can bring you a army to. only problem then is that i know your list so we
first have to ask the rest thatr comes.

Welcome to the brewery, have a nice coca cola on the house. guinesssmilie.gif looks like coca cola

#46 Gramlin Aletracker

Gramlin Aletracker

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:55 AM

Take whatever you want. I donīt really care if I lose/win/play at all. If I play, don't forget to be patient with me, and about the list, if I need one, I'll take one of the example ones, maybe the one Dwarves vs dwarves, :D. I really just want to see how things go.

Gramlin, aka Erik

PS if they pay, is it alright to, for example, take my brother or father with me?

#47 Bor

Bor

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (Gramlin Aletracker @ Jun 17 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take whatever you want. I donīt really care if I lose/win/play at all. If I play, don't forget to be patient with me, and about the list, if I need one, I'll take one of the example ones, maybe the one Dwarves vs dwarves, :D. I really just want to see how things go.

Gramlin, aka Erik

PS if they pay, is it alright to, for example, take my brother or father with me?

I do not mind if they come as long as they contribute to the costs.
As far as boring an army that is also no problem.
Use PM's to talk to Icewolf about the list you will bring and since this is not a tournament but a friendly get together playing slow is not a problem.

The whole idea is to meet and greet and have fun. drinks.gif friends.gif guinesssmilie.gif

#48 icewolff

icewolff

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Bor @ Jun 18 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Gramlin Aletracker @ Jun 17 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The whole idea is to meet and greet and have fun. drinks.gif friends.gif guinesssmilie.gif

That is it, we are going to pm, and bring a nice army for you on the table..

I not a tournooi profi player neither, he i can't even speak decent englisch, but it is
more to meet and greet and let the youngbeard learn form the longbeard's.

#49 Dal Thingaz Umgisson

Dal Thingaz Umgisson

Deamonslayer

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

and giving me an excuse to escape home wink.gif

youre welcome

Dal

#50 Thorindil

Thorindil

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

Bor was kind enough to point me towards this thread, and ask if I was interested in coming along too. I do have a slight problem though, in that my former Dwarf army now resides somewhere in across the big pond and I don't have a Dwarf army... blush.gif Would it be OK if I took another army?

#51 Torendil Zharrgrund

Torendil Zharrgrund

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:55 AM

I have no problems at all with people bringing other armies.
I think another member is going to bring along his father and brother who play other armies as well, it will make for a more varied "trournament".

Torendil Zharrgrund

#52 Bran Dawri

Bran Dawri

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

I'm also interested in coming there, but as I said to Dal already, I don't know if I'll be in the country at the time. Updates to come as I find out more about what's in store for me at work.
In any case, if I do make it, anyone from the region of Venlo is quite welcome to travel with me (up to 3 people and their armies), as I noticed there's quite a few of us tongue.gif .

Name: Frank Pulmanns
Location: Blerick (part of Venlo, but it's on the right side of the river)

#53 Bor

Bor

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:56 PM

added Bran Dawri and Thorindil to the list of people who will come.

#54 icewolff

icewolff

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Bor @ Jun 20 2008, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
added Bran Dawri and Thorindil to the list of people who will come.

Cool keep the coming, I like the way this is going. More and more dwarfs turn up from the deep mines
to come to the meeting to strenght the bond between the fierest fighters of the old world.

To follow up other post :

For Gramlin i provide a DWARF army (he can decide wath he usses, i help on the way with building the list and know what to bring)

I have then still points left to build my own DWARF army , or can bring a BRETONNIA army or ORC&GOBLINS army.

YOU DECIDED lets have a vote,

(i hope the meeting is more a learning from eachorder meeting and have fun discussen tactics with fellow dwarfs.)

PS my hammeres a in a painting overdeu and apart, can i proxie them with warriors ( unit headless, or unit black when the rest of army is painted so they easy be noticed) i do not think i get them ready in time is going to be a special unit for my king
so i want to paint them well.

#55 Bor

Bor

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:59 AM

I also can provide an extra dwarven army beside my own dwarven army.
Beside that I can bring a DoW army and a VC army.

So if you need a dwarven army let me know.

#56 Lord of the Hunt

Lord of the Hunt

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:15 AM

I think if you Could bring more armies, you should do it. Because a whole day playing vs dwarves isn't all that exiting with M3 i guess tongue.gif
If it poses too much trouble or anything, just bring the mighties race in the world! Which, naturally are the Dwarves!

I don't mind proxied units at all, as long as you make it clear to me on forehand i don't mind.

hunter.gif lord of the Hunt

(and for the ones who have noticed: I was off for quite some time...having a testpaperweek. But, as i'm on to the next year :D I'm back into the game!)

#57 icewolff

icewolff

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

What about the "bring a mini for a friend" because i still do not know what model
it has to be. and painting takes me some time.

The armylist that gramlin is playing i can provide.

It is not a bad idea to bring a range of army's so its not all dw vs dw.

and offtopic but for dutch members maybe helpfull ;

I orderd from AVSGAMESHOP.COM located in ROTTERDAM holland some models

dwarf batalion (only 65 euro instead of 80) and some novels, (giantslayer, vermintide)
2 box of state tropps empire. etc.
and within a week the products are here.

When you order for or more 100 euro no shipping cost, under 100 euro it is 6 euro.

Great service, good packinging, fast reply and fast delivery, and offcourse the lowest prizes
you get in holland for new products. i found.

Edited by icewolff, 23 July 2008 - 01:30 PM.

#58 Gramlin Aletracker

Gramlin Aletracker

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

I just read what Ice wrote, but I have something to add to that.
I've checked the avsgameshop.com, and what Ice said is true, the batallion is cheaper. Same is the case with, for example, the hammerers. But then I compared it to the site that I've used up till now, Spellekijn, and I've found that not all things are cheaper. For example, the hammerer command group is 17,00 euro at avsgameshop.com versus 12.50 at Spellekijn. So when looking for cheap miniatures at these stores, cross reference is a good idea for price.

Secondly, I now have an army thanks to Icewolff. But I was wondering what we would be doing again. Dawi vs Dawi is a senario around a mine right? And other armies vs Dawi? Ordinary fights? Thanks

From the young 'un,
Gramlin

EDIT: oh yes, the costs of TNT are around 6 euros from Spellekijn (from Leeuwarden) and I'm afraid the service isn't super fast at all.

Edited by Gramlin Aletracker, 18 July 2008 - 11:59 AM.

#59 Tungdil Goldhand

Tungdil Goldhand

Dwarf King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:20 PM

Keep it ontopic guys .. I believe there's also a thread in the Tavern about this.

Well, I know there will at least be other armies and a slayer army, so I guess there will be a couple of games between those and 'normal' Dwarf armies. It is probably inevitable that there will be some Dwarf civilwars though smile.gif

#60 Thorindil

Thorindil

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 05:03 PM

It's been a while since I've heard anything about the Meet and Play, but since it's next Sunday...

Any news on how things are going to go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users