Today, I'll be going over the magic that those blasted Greenskins utilize. More specifically, since Orcs use a different type of magic than Goblins, I'm going over the Big Waaagh! Or, the spell list that the Orcs use. The thing to remember is that Orc magic is very potent, but also relatively short ranged. Personally, I hate this Lore as much as the Lore of Metal (if not more).
1. Gaze of Mork 5+: Your standard first level magic missile. 24", D6 S4. Threat: Low.
2. 'Eadbutt 6+: 24", S5, and ignores armor saves. This spell upsets me. It allows the caster to pick out any single model (Champions, BSBs, war machine crew...), and since it's S5 it can definately kill them. Some claim that this allows the caster to target musicians or standard bearers...smack your opponent if he tries this. Threat: Moderate.
3. Bash 'Em Ladz 7+: One unit with 18" gets to reroll to hit AND strike first! Well, the striking first part isn't huge against us. However, the Reroll to hit really sucks now that Orc choppas give +1S on the first round, regrdless of the number of weapons they have. Threat: Moderate.
4. Fists of Gork 8+: One unit within 18" gets pummelled by S4 hits on each model on a 4+ (the model themselves get hit on a 4+). Statistically speaking, this should wound 1/4 of your models in the unit. This spell generally doesn't worry me, as the other spells on this list, I feel, are much, much worse. Still, it can ruin your day. Treat: Moderately low.
5. Gork's Warpath 10+: This cast's Foot of Gork (Little Waaagh! spell) on, potentially, multiple units. It does d6 S6 hits on any unit on the table. Then, the opponent rolls to see if the spell stops, keeps going, or squashes one of hte caster's units. This spell can really hurt auxillury units, or even be combined with other spells/missile fire against a combat block to wear it down. Threat: Moderate. It hurts bad, but doesn't hit a lot. Still, if your opponent can keep the spell going it sucks.
6. Waaagh! 12+: All friendly units on the table surge forward 2d6" towards the nearest enemy they can see. If they can't see, it's straight ahead. If they make contact with an enemy, they count as charging. All units in combat count as being under the effects of Bash 'Em Lads (doesn't reference the spell, but it has the same effect). Please, for the love of god, dispel this. Movement spells themselves suck, this is movement on crack. And a sledgehammer. Threat: High.
Edited by Mordrek Grudgebreaker, 12 September 2007 - 09:45 PM.