#1 silashand

silashand

Living Ancestor

• Brewery Masters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,812 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:23 AM

All,

Just something I thought might be appropriate to spell out since it's come up a couple times of late. On the topic of threads to celebrate reaching a certain rank (i.e. warrior, longbeard, etc.) here at the Brewery, please limit them to whenever you reach Lord or higher status. The reason for this is simple, there are over 2000 members of the Brewery and if every one of them posted a new thread each time they reach a new rank, the Tavern would be filled with little else. I know everyone gets excited about reaching that next rank (as you should), but we do actually need to keep the clutter down somewhat. Reaching 900 posts to become a Lord isn't all that hard if you are active here. Another reason to limit them is simply that they aren't really discussion topics and as such don't add much in the way of constructive posts to the forums. They also promote one-liner type replies which are frowned upon as spam (obviously a Bad Thing™). The exception I would make is if you actually take the time to write up a fluff background (more than a couple lines) for your promotion and perhaps post it in the Chronicles or such.

Please don't get me wrong, as I said it's good to reach that next rank and all. Just try to keep the celebrating down to a minimum until you can actually afford to buy everyone here beer on your tab. Since most non-Lords aren't that rich, from a fluff standpoint it should be them that throw the best celebratory bashes, no? smile.gif

Cheers, Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users