• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#121 King Gorrin

King Gorrin

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:01 PM

My Hold is Karak-Khazril (Mount Silver Hall). It is ruled by King Gorrin Stoutlegs and consists of approximately 800 Dwarfs (around 300 fighters plus woman, children and the infirm). This can double during the summer months as traders flock to the Hold from outlying settlements and Holds deeper in the montains.

It is a small trading/market Hold dissected by a rich seam of silver and serves not only the local Dwarf population but the humans of the Border Princes. The Dwarfs of the Hold keep Black Fire Pass open to traders and provide safe passage directly through the montains to smaller caravans.

It is situated at the top of a narrow ravine on the tributory to the west of Skull River. On Alfginnar's map it would be situated pretty much at the "Fire" of "Black Fire Pass"

Edited by King Gorrin, 12 February 2009 - 12:30 AM.

#122 Tah Kazak Rik

Tah Kazak Rik

Scion of Grimnir

• Brewery Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,151 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:58 PM

Well Gildas if you are still interested in updating the map, or if you are still on the forum in the first place, Kazad-Ong-Varr has been burnt to the ground by King Logan himself, and Karaz-Stromgorl is retaken but barred shut by the High King for when King Logan returns.

The Population (now down to 13,000+) is now scattered in the Old World. 6,000 are traveling with King Logan himself, the rest are travelling about on their own quests.

#123 Gramlin Aletracker

Gramlin Aletracker

Dwarf Longbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

Well, I assume that Gildas will update this at the end of the month, as he said on the previous page, so here's my info:

It isn't a hold, but clan (name is after leader, this case "Aletracker") living around a goldmine.
Leader: Gramlin Aletracker (senior), not me
Background (in short): the clan is one that followed the flow of Dwarves into the Empire, but continued on into Bretonnia to find this mine. Therefore the clan has a high amount of expert miners and rangers.
Location: South of Karak Grimm (middle in Bretonnia), where the stream/river splits in two, on the east side of the split.
Colours: Taken from the example of Karak Kardrin, Scab Red with Silver and Dwarf Gold.
Population: 750 Dwarves. 250 miners, 50 traders, 100 Rangers (including Leader Gramlin sr.), 50 Longbeard elder warriors, and 100 young ones (including Gramlin Aletracker, me), 200 other dwarves (women, children)

NOTE, this Mine is an extention to the hold of Karak Grimm, tunnels are being made.

#124 MadGreek

MadGreek

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:27 PM

Hold Name: Karak-Bin-Varr (Stronghold by the Sea)
Some Fluff: Originally an outpost of a larger holding, this seaside fortress is all that remains. There is a small harbour/pier that provides a lifeline to the outside world without having to traverse the dangerous countryside.

Lord: Still working on it.
Colors: Grey (for the Stone) and Blue (for the Sea). Various Clan Tartans combine these 2 primary colors along with a third accent, often sand/light brown, purple (for the ruling class Lords/Royals), pale green, and a few others.

#125 AKS

AKS

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

my hold, Karak Mallen(thats my awfully terrible nickname, see we have 2 matties, and im mattie allen, so thats where it came from)
it currently has no monarch, as the heir to the throne, Albert Murrae, does not wish to be the king of a hold of drunkards, im sure he'll find his way onto the throne at some point though

erm, the hold is east of Athel Loren, about on level in latitude with parravon, in the grey mountains
not too deep, basically on the border of brettonia and the empire

#126 kgkid

kgkid

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

My Throng is Skarrenruf and my Hold is Kazad Gorl, and it is located among the southeastern peaks of Middle mountains.
Details sent on PM, and listed in Clan Colours section. My army is 6500+ pts strong, so I guess my Hold is Medium - Large.

Edited by kgkid, 27 July 2008 - 11:02 AM.

#127 Skalf Blackhammer

Skalf Blackhammer

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

My hold is called Karak glacier
{ice mountain}
please put my hold somewhere were its cold icy like kislev
is it possible? wizard.gif

#128 Aratus

Aratus

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

My clan's hold is Zan-Bryn-Grung, Blood Gold Mine, and the greatest conflicts facing our hold have been with Skaven and Goblins. So somewhere where those threats would effect us, preferably in the southern World's Edge Mountains =).

#129 rawfield

rawfield

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

My hold is called Karaz Wyr - White Mountain.
It is located on the south western part of Norsca, on the coast of the Sea of Claws.
The kings name is Ymric Icefist and he rules over around 1000 dwarfs, most of them miners and engineers.

#130 Dwarfenstein

Dwarfenstein

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

Throng: Kadrin Kazad A Zhuf (Mtn. Pass Fortress of Waterfall)
Lord: Tromm Gorak (Respected for Great Cunning)
Colors: Scarlet & Silver, trimmed in Bronze & Gold (Depending on rank)
Lore: Tasked with protection of one of the major headwater areas that feeds into Bugman's Brewery is Kadrin Kazad A Zhuf. Keeping the water source safe from attack from those nasty greenskins is key to keeping dwafs near and far healthy and well stocked with Bugman's best! These headwaters pass very close to a small mtn. pass frequented by little nasties as they try to bypass the larger dwarfen holds while trying to plot sneak attacks against them.
Population: about 2000 dwarfs, mostly rangers that constantly scout the nearby area to ensure the quality of Bugman's ales.
Location: On a straight line between Karak-A-Thingaz & Karak Hirn closer to Karak Hirn where the rivers stretch into the mountains.

#131 Kiwi

Kiwi

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:13 AM

Hold Name
Karak Thorinkin - Fortress of the People of Thorin

Current King
Druegar Stromnisson (2520 to Present)
Lord of Clan Theolik the present king of Karak Thorinkin was brought reluctantly to the throne after the death of his father Stromni Tholiksson at the Battle of Skull River in 2520.

West of the Copper Mountains to the East of Tilea and South of Bretonnia, Karak Thorinkin was established in the Imperial Year -250 by refugees from the small settlement of Dru Grimthorn.

Origins of Karak Thorinkin
The annuals of the People of Thorin and the full details of the history of the Thorinkin can be read here details on their battles and those of their friends are recorded here

Edited by Kiwi, 05 September 2008 - 01:15 AM.

#132 Rommel Stonefist

Rommel Stonefist

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:56 AM

Zharr Karag, anywhere in a volcanic yet snowy region...once i finish teh fluff ill post a link

#133 De Gaule

De Gaule

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

My hold used to be Karak Izor, but Gurni Fokbeard and his son Sweyne traveled west from Izor along the mountains in search of good places to place mines. one of the iron and gromril mines that was established became Karak Grong(anvil mountain) with Sweyne as the king. it is located not far north east of Miragliano.

Edited by commander Badrin Forkbeard, 02 April 2009 - 01:47 AM.

#134 ReudanRedhammer

ReudanRedhammer

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

Zharrgrund Bar (Firehammer Gate) is right between the source of the Upper Reik and Black Fire Pass. It has suffered many heavy battles due to Orc invasions through the pass, but Zharrgrund Bar has maintained its hold atop a smoldering mountain top. The current King, Skaggi Shieldbringer, has dedicated his life to building Zharrgrund Bar back to the hold it once was and create Dwarf regulated trade through Black Fire Pass. About 12000 dwarfs live there plus many smaller forts and towers along the pass, most of which are out of touch with the main hold.

#135 Thoin Ironfist

Thoin Ironfist

Dwarf Lord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

Karak Dron

Current King: Lord Thorin Thoinsson
Clan Color: Scab Red
Fluff: Named for its high use of black powder technology in war (creating a sound like thunder), Karak Dron is a young hold compared to many of the rest. Karak Dron readily trades with Empire and Kisliv territories. Also, due to location, battles are fought frequently with Chaos mortals in addition to the normal common dwarf enemies.

#136 Tek Thornisson

Tek Thornisson

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:41 PM

Karak Urpin

[img]http://af.2i.cz/fotky/29075/dwarf-bombard-tower-1257344427.jpg[/img]
background:small camp on the edge Dark lands.This camp was build on rich oil resources.Is home for best dwarfs drillers.
population about 3000+ dwarfs

#137 Maltbeard

Maltbeard

Dwarf Hammerer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

If you wouldnt mind adding my hold to the map. It is located just west of Karak Izor, closeish to skavenblight.

Hold name: Grungron-Kol (The Black/Deep forge)

History: The halls of Grungron-Kol were an age ago, part of the larger domain of Karak Izor. The workings of the hold were undermined by skaven warp-sappers and its inhabitants were all but wiped out by the marauding vermin. The remainder fled to the inner domains Karak Izor where they were granted sanctuary and continued to work and live amongst the greater community of the hold. Centuries later, Thane Throndin Coppermane set out with an expeditionary force, with the intent of cleansing the fallen halls of the thaggoraki. After 50 years of hard fought bloodshed, the ratmen were pushed back into their foul cavernous dwellings. Hearing of the success of the reclamation, the King of Karak Izor was overjoyed and granted sovereignity of the halls to Throndin, in acknowledgement of his efforts.

The mine workings of the halls were re-opened with many rich veins of iron and copper ore uncovered, stimulating the settlement of the hold. Throndin oversaw the cleansing of the tunnels the skaven had used to invade the hold, the catacombs sealed with powerful runes of warding. Over the years, the hold grew in strength, it's mineral prosperity aiding it's growth into more than just a mining outpost. Staunch remembrancers of times past, the dwarfs chose to name the hold Grungron-Kol: The Deep forge, in remembrance of the dark times when the foul creatures of the deep had clawed their way from the dark to slay the people of Grugni. The name also reflects the hopeful future of the hold, in it's role as an artillery forge workings for Karak izor.

Though growing in independances, Grungron-Kol still remains ostensibly, a satelite hold of Karak Izor, a tithe of her mining profits are required to be paid to the king who in return pledges his assistance in defending the hold should invaders encroach upon her halls again. Despite all optimism, there have been whispers of strange goings on in the lower workings of the holds: auspicious tales of beardlings disappearing in the night and of incessant scratching, echoing throughout the mining tunnels...

#138 Lord Kildrak

Lord Kildrak

Dwarf Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:47 AM

This is really cool. My hold's name is Karak Duken. The population is around 5,000, the majority of which work in the mines near the hold. It is situated opposite Karak Norn at the tip of the vaults, that open up to Bretonnia. The lord of my hold is Lord Kildrak Ironbearer.

The beginnings of Karak Duken started when some clans from Karak Varn fled when it fell. Not knowing where they were going, the clans wandered East eventually reaching Karak Norn. Setting up temporary homes at the tip of the mountains opposite Karak Norn. Many of the clans took to mining the rich ores that seemed to grow in this part of the mountains, just north of Karak Izor. The father of the current Lord, Duken Ironbearer, called for permanent settlement of the area. In this location the clans keep trade with both The Empire and Bretonnia.

#139 The Thunderberger

The Thunderberger

Young 'Un

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

I already posted my hold some 3 years ago and it is on the map, I just wanted to expand on the information.

My Clanhold is a small mining town in the mountains 300 miles north west of Karak Norn and less than 30 miles north of the manling city of Parravon, it is located on the south face of the mountain the manlings call Copper Peak owing to the strength of it's copper deposits, the dwarven name for the town is Barak Grung* and has a population of just under 3000 dwarfs and manlings, it has a standing army of 500, there will also be any number of merchants and travellers from other lands in the settlement either trading with Clan Thunderberg or simply using it as a safe port of call when travelling between the Empire and Bretonnia.

The clans name is Clan Thunderberg, led by Lord Barrell Thunderberg of Clan Thunderberg, of Barak Varr and also of the famed adventurers group Galthars Avengers, the clan is attempting re-establish themselves after Lord Thunderberg was banished from Barak Varr many years ago, a long story rarely told.

*Translation from Khazalid: Fortified Mine

Edited by The Thunderberger, 19 November 2009 - 10:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users